Uğur Aktekin joined Gün + Partners in 1999 and has been a partner since 2003. He is co-chair of the firm’s IP practice and technology, media and telecom industry practice.
Mr Aktekin’s IP practice focuses on trademarks, designs and copyrights.
He advises on implementing IP protection and enforcement strategies, and portfolio management, representing clients before the Turkish Patent and Trademark Office, as well as cancellation, infringement and other court actions and domain name ADR proceedings, filing for interlocutory and precautionary injunctions, negotiating and drafting co-existence, settlement and licensing agreements.
Mr Aktekin has been involved in numerous anti-piracy campaigns, civil litigation, criminal raids and litigation involving software copyrights, cinematographic and musical copyrights, cartoon character copyrights, architectural copyrights, databases and television film formats.
His technology, media and telecoms practice covers media, advertising, consumer, internet, technology licensing, information technologies, computer software, computer games, data protection, data privacy and security.
He advises on all aspects of advertising and media laws, including clearance of advertisements, contracts, promotions and sweepstakes to various local and multinational companies primarily on food and beverages, technology, media, telecom and entertainment sectors.
- International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys of Turkey, founder and president;
- International Bar Association;
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property;
- International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys;
- International Trademark Association, Data Protection Committee;
- International Association of Privacy Professionals;
- International Technology Law Association;
- Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance; and
- Patent and Trademark Attorneys’ Association of Turkey.