at Anand and Anand
Safir Anand advises and represents clients from diverse industries, from fast-moving consumer goods to pharmaceuticals, software, social media, food, media, sports, entertainment, luxury, fashion and government. He provides input on strategy, business models, marketing and commercial insights, blended with an astute understanding of IP law that encompasses IP protection, IP enforcement, IP agreements, licensing, franchising, monetisation, strategic advisory and due diligence.
Mr Anand is a member of the advisory/board of highly reputable organisations such as the Fashion Design Council of India, the Entertainment and Event Management Association, the International Facility Management Association, JHS Brands, Brand Musiq, Teamwork Arts and My Rights LLP.
He has been a member of INTA's Presidential Task Force and also serves on its Commercialisation of Brands Committee and its first Research Advisory Council. He has also recently been invited to join the leadership team of the Commercialisation of Brands Committee and to co-chair the Global Brand Transactions and Due Diligence Sub-Committees for the 2020-2021 term.
He has recently been appointed to the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry’s (FICCI) IP Rights Committee and is part of the FICCI IP Forum and as vice chair of ASSOCHAM’s IP Rights Managing Committee.
Mr Anand has received several awards and accolades. He has been:
- recognised as one of the most Innovative Practitioners by FT Innovative Lawyers Asia-Pacific 2020;
- ranked as a Trademark Star 2020 by MIP IP Stars;
- recognised as Global Leader 2019 by World Trademark Review (WTR);
- featured in India Business Law Journal’s A-list of top 100 lawyers in India; and
- secured gold-level ranking with WTR 2020 in the prosecution and strategy categories.
Mr Anand writes frequently for prestigious publications. His recent publications include:
- “Law Firms in APAC pitch in to help address problems caused by Covid-19” in Asia IP Magazine; and
- “A year in review: trademark experts in Asia-Pacific reveal their expectations for 2020” in WTR.
Possessing a keen business sense and a nose for opportunity, Safir Anand pulls all the right levers to help clients bring about overall growth. He also protects companies’ IP to the hilt which fuels confidence in commercial decision making.
- IP auctions
- IP insurance
- IP management consultancy
- IP-backed lending
- Technology transfer
Anand and Anand
First Channel Building