at Co-effort Law Firm LLP
Minjian You is the founder of Co-effort Law Firm LLP and the leader of its IP department. His practice focuses on intellectual property (IP litigation, transaction, financing, management and dispute resolution). Throughout his career Mr You has been involved in many ‘firsts’, such as:
- the first antitrust dispute case in China – Shusheng v Snda Network;
- the sole winning case filed by Anti-rogue Software Alliance in China – the copyright infringement case against the Henbang Secretary software;
- the first online game case in China – a copyright infringement litigation between Shenzhou Aomei and CGA;
- the first software end-user case in China – Discreet Logic Inc v Shanghai Duidian Cultural Communication Co, Ltd;
- a landmark software criminal and infringement case regarding Microsoft Windows – Tomato Garden;
- the first criminal case of trade secret infringement in China;
- the first IP case in the shipbuilding industry of China;
- the first case before the Shanghai Intellectual Property Court – Hewlett-Packard vs Yinjia; and
- the first internet big data case – Dazhongdianping v Baidu.
Due to Mr You’s outstanding experience in IP practice and great contribution to China’s IP protection, he has been honoured as a lawyer of the Orient, national excellent lawyer, outstanding worker in the enforcement of the Chinese national IP strategy, national model worker, Legalband China top lawyer in IP litigation, Managing Intellectual Property IP Star in trademarks and Asian Legal Business China top 15 IP attorney.
In recent years, accompanied by the fast growth of the industries of entertainment, media, Internet and technology, Mr You has accumulated rich experience in providing comprehensive resolutions for IP-related issues in M&A, initial public offerings, IP financing and foreign direct investment.
Highly experienced in the management of IP assets and their operational deployment, Minjian You is an excellent partner for those operating in the Chinese market. He finds sophisticated ways to enhance clients’ business models and develop overarching strategies.
- Shanghai Bar Association
- Shanghai Copyright Association
- Shanghai Cultural Creative Industry Association
- Shanghai Intellectual Property Academy
- IP management consultancy
- IP-backed lending
Co-effort Law Firm LLP
35/F Huaneng Union Tower
958 Lujiazui Ring Road