Mark S Cohen
Chair of the Life Sciences Practice Group
at Pearl Cohen Zedek Latzer Baratz LLP
Mark S Cohen is a founder of Pearl Cohen Zedek Latzer Baratz LLP, a senior partner, chair of the life sciences practice group and a member of the firm’s executive committee. His practice focuses on patent prosecution, opinions and commercial transactions in the pharmaceutical, chemical, biological and medical device areas. He is well versed in all aspects of patent prosecution, IP, management, strategic advice, technology transfer, commercial transactions and licensing matters. He has been involved in large due diligence matters, infringement, validity and patentability opinions, licensing matters and commercial transactions. His clients range from start-up companies to Fortune 500 companies.
Mr Cohen is the chairman of the board of Tarus Therapeutics Inc and was a board member of Masthercell Global Inc, a subsidiary of Orgenesis Inc (NASDAQ: ORGS), a manufacturer, service provider and developer of advanced cell therapies. He was also vice chairman of the board and chairman of the governance and nominating committee of Akari Therapeutics Plc (NASDAQ: AKTX).
Mr Cohen has represented the following clients in patent prosecution, IP and commercial transaction matters:
- Orgenesis (NASDAQ: ORGS) in the sale of Masthercell Global, its contract development and manufacturing organisation subsidiary, for $315 million.
- Humanigen Inc (NASDAQ: HGEN) in its underwritten public offering of common stock, resulting in gross proceeds to Humanigen of approximately $92.5 million.
- Biosight on the deferred closing of its Series C financing, raising an additional $27 million to the $19 million announced in 2021 for total proceeds of $46 million.
- Mileutis Ltd for its $20 million raise to develop a drug that is designed to treat mastitis in cows.
- Orgenesis Inc on its agreement to acquire Koligo Therapeutics, a leader in personalised cell therapies
- Else Nutrition Holdings Inc (TSXV: BABY) (OTCQX: BABYF) (FSE: 0YL) for its underwritten public offering of units of common stock and warrants for an aggregate gross proceeds to the company of C$20.7 million.
Life sciences doyen Mark Cohen puts his clients at a distinct advantage with advice informed by a comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of patent prosecution, IP due diligence and commercial transaction matters. He manifests a rare faculty for strategic thinking.
- IP management consultancy
- Technology transfer
Pearl Cohen Zedek Latzer Baratz LLP
Times Square Tower
7 Times Square
New York NY 10036