at Deloitte Tohmatsu Financial Advisory LLC
Hirofumi Oshima is a Japanese patent attorney. He previously worked as a researcher of intellectual property at a Japanese consulting firm for two years. After that, he joined Deloitte, where he is now the manager of an IP consulting service. His main clients are major Japanese IT companies, pharmaceutical companies and automobile manufacturers.
Mr Oshima works on technologies ranging from blockchain to 5G, connected cars and digital health. His specialties include the formulation of patent application strategies, patent monetisation support, new business search support using IP landscape analysis, alliance destination search support using IP landscape analysis and IP due diligence.
The projects he has worked on include the following:
- the launch of patent licensing programmes in IT companies;
- the formulation of digital health-related IP strategy in pharmaceutical companies;
- the identification of new application destinations of materials using IP landscape analysis in chemical companies;
- the formulation patent application strategy for cross-licensing in IT companies;
- the formulation of connected vehicle-related IP strategy in automobile companies;
- the formulation of AI-related IP strategies in electrical equipment manufacturers; and
- the formulation of blockchain-related IP strategy in IT companies.
When innovating in fast-advancing, game-changing and converging technology areas, Japanese companies call on Hirofumi Oshima without hesitation. Sensitive to business and market developments, he gives essential strategic advice concerning patent prosecution and commercialisation.
- Japan Patent Attorneys Association
- IP management consultancy
- Technology transfer
Deloitte Tohmatsu Financial Advisory LLC
Tokyo 100 0005