- According to respondents the rise of new multi-jurisdictional tactics, such as anti anti-suit injunctions, has been the most significant trend in global patent litigation over the last five years.
- Greater uniformity between courts in SEP FRAND decisions is the change that litigants would most like to see in next three years.
- More respondents picked the difficulty in obtaining injunctive relief over uncertainty around patentable subject matter as the main drawback of bringing a case in the United States.
- Germany was by far the favoured jurisdiction for patent plaintiffs.
- Just over 80% of respondents expect to see more litigation activity in China over the next 12 months.