The Patent 1000 focuses exclusively on patent practice and has firmly established itself as the definitive 'go-to' resource for those seeking world-class legal patent expertise.
Recommended - Individuals: prosecution
Maintaining a stellar reputation in the Portuguese market for almost 60 years, ClarkeModet offers a variety of patent and IP consultancy services that allow clients to optimise their IP strategy. A leading firm in the Spanish and Portuguese-speaking world, ClarkeModet Portugal focuses on providing strategic patent advice for start-ups and small companies. Patrons benefit from the tailor-made advice and the seamless international connection between ClarkeModet offices. Spearheading the outfit’s strategic initiatives from the Lisbon office is regional managing director María Cruz. Well respected by her peers for her extensive patent knowledge, Cruz is appreciated by patrons for her collaborative approach to creating razor-sharp patent portfolio strategies. Working closely alongside her is Adriana Silva Esteves, who expertly advises patrons on technology transfers and patent evaluations, particularly in the life sciences, pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors. Making her IAM Patent 1000 debut this year is inventions director Ana Neves, whose 20-plus years of IP experience have sharpened her remarkable skills in patent analysis, particularly in the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries.
Ana Neves is a chemical engineer specialising in industrial processes and in intellectual and industrial property. She has over 20 years of experience in industrial property in Portugal and Europe, initially in information services conducting patent searches (patentability, clearance, prior-art, etc) and patent analysis, and later on in IP strategy and patent prosecution.
Ms Neves has hands-on knowledge of managing patent portfolios and providing support in the establishment of cooperation agreements and IP legal matters. Her expertise allows her to understand the client’s needs and offer solutions that optimise the intellectual property protection acquired.
While working at ClarkeModet, Ms Neves has also developed activities in cooperation with the consultancy department, mainly infringement and freedom to operate studies as well as training for technology transfer offices and on-demand sessions on specific IP topics.
She is currently working as Inventions Director for the patent department in ClarkeModet’s Portugal office.
Her education includes:
- European patent attorney (2022);
- arbitrator in IP matters for the arbitration and mediation centre ARBITRARE (2018);
- Portuguese patent and trademark attorney (2017);
- European trademark and design attorney (2017);
- course in leadership and management (2012);
- master’s degree in the evaluation and regulation of pharmaceuticals and health products (2008);
- course in intellectual property (2008); and
- degree in chemical engineering – industry (2000).
Working for a pharmaceutical and a biotech company allowed Ms Neves to gain perspective from the client’s point of view and better understand their requirements and expectations.
She has been a speaker on IP topics at:
- Semana de Inovação WEG 2022 - Capacitação: Patente Unitária Europa; and
- Agência Nacional de Inovação – training on IP matters.
ClarkeModet, established in 1879, is the biggest international Intellectual Property group in Latin America and an entry point to Europe. With an operational presence in 17 countries, it manages one in every ten patent applications in Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking markets.
Their trajectory spans a century and a half of life-supporting history’s great inventors. With over 140 years of supporting innovators worldwide. ClarkeModet offers full-service IP legal, technical and consultancy experience across all industry sectors. And are pioneers in creating and implementing new IP services, mostly supported by technology and IP business consultancy experts. They maintain this innovative vision to keep up with global trends.
ClarkeModet manages the most important Intellectual Property portfolios among the main innovation-generating industries worldwide, being a valued partner to maximize their innovation.
ClarkeModet provides specialized IP services, based on its experience, technical experts, technology, and business consultancy. Their solutions are based in:
- Advice and protect your company’s intellectual property
- Register patents, trademarks, designs, domains, and copyright around the world
- Defend Intellectual Property rights before national and international government agencies
- Shield your organization’s know-how using trade secrets and blockchain
- Monetize your intangible assets for an efficient management and maximize its benefits
- Explore the new possibilities that the digital world offers
- Innovate through technology and solutions to adapt to innovative global trends
A different way to boost your IP
ClarkeModet main differentiation is its business strategy focus by providing:
- One-stop-shop IP Service LATAM and Europe (network of wholly-owned companies)
- ClarkeModet combines tradition and innovation in a team of specialists focused on developing the best strategy to protect and exploit the IP intangible assets of its clients.
- It offers a unique and centralized service a– one-stop-shop IP service – to manage your trademark, patent, and other IP rights portfolio in Europe and Latin America, with the same excellent standards and internal policies.
- It has a highly competitive proposal at a worldwide level thanks to our centralized rates through a global network of agents.
- It uses digital tools to efficiently manage all your procedures, facilitating and reducing administrative tasks.
In ClarkeModet it offers IP consultancy services to enforce the purposes of the IP, not only the protection but also to impact and add value to the business model and to the company value itself.
With a high focus on technological innovation applied to IP services, they are pioneers in applying strategic consulting based on Intellectual Property and state-of-the-art technology such as Blockchain, NFT, and Metaverse.
ClarkeModet team comprises over 500 highly qualified professionals of 23 different nationalities, working hard to deliver excellence in IP Services to its clients.
Their technical in-house teams are highly qualified (with Ph.D., Postgraduate, and Master’s Degrees) in the fields of Engineering (mechanical, electronic, telecommunications), Chemistry, Pharmacy, biotechnology, legal, and moreover.
Translation Specialized IP Service Center.
With operations based in Mexico, Brazil, and Portugal, ClarkeModet has a translation-specialized IP Service Center. with an expert team of more than 120 specialized IP translators using the latest CAT technology, such as Trados, to provide high-level linguistic solutions, along with over 25 technical experts team, serving translation to clients and allies (translation international companies and IP agents), and all ClarkeModet offices.
Quality and Privacy
ClarkeModet has a Quality management system (since 1999), including a TÜV certification ISO 9001, a standardization process for its representatives (in 195 countries), and centralized IP services (Specialized canter of services) in which their clients have multiple benefits.
ClarkeModet has ranked in several international rankings that also recognized its experts, such as Legal 500, WTR, Chambers & Partners, IAM Patent 1000, IP Stars, Leaders League, IAM 300 Strategy, and Financial Times, Whos who legal.
Enhancing the client innovation experience
To strengthen our innovation knowledge, since 2022 ClarkeModet has belonged to the MIT Industrial Liaison Program, to collaborate at one of the most important innovation ecosystems in the world.
As the first in the IP sector to be in that important program with MIT, they aim to strengthen the knowledge regarding different innovation methodologies and proper Intellectual Property management, around the most relevant global technological innovation trends. This membership will allow their clients to take advantage of the experience and knowledge of ClarkeModet to address current and future challenges.