The Patent 1000 focuses exclusively on patent practice and has firmly established itself as the definitive 'go-to' resource for those seeking world-class legal patent expertise.
Recommended - Firms: prosecution
Obhan & Associates’ attention to detail, promptness and excellent grasp of IP issues has not gone unnoticed by major companies and peers. With three offices across India – in Pune, New Delhi and Bangalore – the group has attracted a diverse clientele, from research institutions to individual innovators. Founding partner and mechanical engineer Essenese Obhan is the first choice for many Fortune 500 companies, leading domestic businesses and SEP owners. Aside from drafting and prosecuting across a wide range of technical sectors – from pharmaceuticals to telecoms and agriculture – he also frequently spearheads high-stakes IP litigations.
Obhan & Associates is a reputed, skilled and professionally managed law firm with expertise in IP and corporate law. With a team of highly qualified and experienced legal professionals, the firm offers a one-stop solution for services pertaining to IP and corporate law. The firm stands out for its approach towards understanding the requirements of a client and providing unique solutions with a quick turn-around time.
With offices at New Delhi, Pune and Bengaluru, the Obhan team advises numerous domestic and international clients, including some of India’s leading business houses and several Fortune 500 companies that have entrusted their entire patent portfolio to the firm. The team provides its expertise to these clients on IP strategy, prosecution, enforcement and portfolio management.
The synergies between the IP and corporate law teams have been a key strength of Obhan, enabling the firm to advise clients on all aspects of their transactions and enhance the value of their businesses. The Obhan team is recognised for delivering excellent legal strategies and commercially viable advice within prescribed timelines.
The firm has been consistently recognised as a leading IP practice in India by numerous international legal publications:
- Chambers Asia Asia’s leading lawyer for business ranked consecutively every year since 2009;
- Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars ranked consecutively every year since 2010;
- IAM Patent 1000 The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners ranked consecutively every year since 2013;
- The Legal 500 ranked consecutively every year since 2016;
- Asialaw Profiles ranked consecutively every year since 2021;
- Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific Awards consecutively every year since 2020;
- Vahura “Best Law Firm for Women” in India 2018;
- Recognised as one of the best workplaces in the Vahura Best Law Firms to Work ranking in the Boutique Law Firms category 2018;
- Featured in the Top 5 Best Law Firms in India for Culture, Firm Leadership, Satisfaction, Pride, Rewards & Recognition, and Work-Life Balance by Vahura 2018.