at Jingtian & Gongcheng
Ye Zhao is a partner of Jingtian & Gongcheng and head of the firm’s IP practice. He is a leading attorney in IP litigation and IP-related antitrust litigation (SEP-related litigation in particular). He is highly skilled at handling various types of IP and antitrust disputes, particularly in the semiconductor, communications, computer, consumer electronics and internet sectors. He is also highly trusted by his clients.
Mr Zhao acted as counsel in a number of landmark IP and antitrust cases in China, including:
- the first anti-suit injunction litigation in intellectual property (Huawei v Conversant);
- the first antitrust litigation concerning SEPs (Huawei v InterDigital);
- the first wireless communication SEP infringement litigation (Huawei v Samsung);
- the first internet-related antitrust litigation (Qihoo v Tencent); and
- the first Big Data-related unfair competition litigation (Sina Weibo v Maimai).
Mr Zhao is recommended as a ranked lawyer by Chambers Asia Pacific 2021. He was recognised as IP Lawyer of the Year by The Asian Lawyer and recommended by The Legal 500 in 2020. Mr Zhao was also recognised among the Top 10 Patent Litigators by the China Intellectual Property Forum in 2018 and the Top 15 IP Litigators by Asian Legal Business in 2018. Mr Zhao has also been awarded an IP Star by Managing Intellectual Property.
Mr Zhao obtained his JM degree from Peking University and has a bachelor’s in communications. He is a qualified attorney at law and patent attorney. Prior to joining Jingtian & Gongcheng, he worked for two other leading Chinese law firms as an associate and partner.
Mr Zhao was an invited keynote speaker on SEPs by the American Bar Association at the association’s 2018 Seoul conference.
Sample client list
Jingtian & Gongcheng
China Central Place
77 Jianguo Road