Managing Partner at Gorodissky & Partners
Valery Medvedev is the managing partner of Gorodissky & Partners. A Russian and Eurasian patent attorney and a trademark attorney, he started his career in the IP field in 1981 after graduating in engineering from the Moscow Aviation Institute. Mr Medvedev has extensive international patent experience, with one of his primary focuses being the prosecution and enforcement of patent rights in mechanics and electrical engineering. He is also skilled in trademark proceedings and IP rights infringement cases, supervising the most sophisticated and important cases and clients personally. In addition, he is actively involved in intellectual asset management, technology transfer and licensing.
Mr Medvedev counsels clients from the following business areas: fast-moving consumer goods, food and beverages, pharmaceuticals, electronics, manufacture of pumps, compressors and hydraulic systems, lifting and handling equipment, machine tools, electric-powered machines and equipment, and many others. He is a frequent speaker at international conferences and seminars, and a regular contributor to Russian and international IP publications.
Mr Medvedev has repeatedly been listed as a leading IP lawyer in the world’s most respected legal rankings.
- Patents in the field of mechanical and electrical engineering
- IP rights protection
- Intellectual asset management
- Licensing and technology transfer
- Member of the editorial board of The Patent Lawyer
- Collegium (executive body) of the Russian Patent and Trademark Office
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property
- International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys Russia
- Licensing Executives Society Russia
- Chamber of Patent Attorneys
- Council of the Eurasian Patent Attorneys