at Wanhuida Peksung IP Group
Tiejun Tang is a senior partner at Wanhuida Peksung IP Group. Ms Tang’s practice focuses on patent litigation. She has abundant experience in litigating complex patent cases.
Ms Tang has represented multinational and Chinese companies, particularly chemical, pharmaceutical and biotech companies, in patent validity and infringement litigation before the Patent Re-examination Board and courts of all levels. She deals with cutting-edge legal issues in many of her cases. Ms Tang also has experience litigating other technology cases, such as patent ownership disputes and trade secret cases, and advises clients on validity, infringement, freedom to operate and other IP matters.
Some of Ms Tang’s work highlights include the following:
- Representing Dahe Biotechnology in a retrial before the Supreme People’s Court upholding the decision invalidating the patent on the production of lysine. The original decision was selected as one of the top 10 typical cases of the Patent Re-examination Board in 2013.
- Successfully defending the validity of the Simcere patent on the formulation comprising amlodipine and irbesartan in a retrial before the Supreme People’s Court. The case was selected in the Supreme People’s Court Annual Report on IP Cases in 2011.
- Successfully defending the validity of TIPR Pharmaceutical’s patent on adefovir crystalline. The case was selected as one of the top 10 typical cases of the Patent Re-examination Board in 2011 for being useful in the evaluation of novelty in patents covering crystalline forms.
- Representing Corun Energy against Alantum Technology in a patent infringement retrial before the Supreme People’s Court. The case was selected as one of the top 10 Chinese IP rights cases in 2013 for its significance in applying the doctrine of equivalents.
- Representing Ruiqiang Medicinal Science and Technology against Hu Xiaoquan in a patent infringement retrial before the Supreme People’s Court. The case was selected in the Supreme People’s Court Annual Report on IP Cases in 2012 for its significance in construing the close-ended type claim.
Before beginning working in private practice, Ms Tang worked for the Chinese Patent Office for over 10 years. In the latter half of her service there, she was an examiner of the Patent Re-examination Board, where she participated in deciding numerous patent validity and re-examination cases.
Wanhuida Peksung IP Group
Yiyuan Office Building
1 Zhongguancun Street South
See firm profile