Partner at Cho & Partners
Tae-Yeon Cho began his legal career focusing on IP law at a time when the concept of intellectual property was in its infancy in Korea. As a result, Mr Cho is one of the most knowledgeable and experienced lawyers in the area of intellectual property in Korea. Mr Cho is also recognised as a distinguished trial lawyer, having served as lead counsel for a number of significant cases involving IP issues. He also serves as a member of Korea’s Domain Name Dispute Resolution Committee and as a mediator for such disputes.
Mr Cho has been recognised by Asia Law & Practice as one of Asia’s leading business lawyers in the area of intellectual property. He was also recognised as a leading individual in the area of intellectual property by the Asia-Pacific Legal 500 (2001-2016) and as a highly recommended IP attorney in Korea by PLC (2005-2012).
Mr Cho holds the following professional memberships and affiliations:
- the Korean Bar Association;
- the Seoul Bar Association;
- the Korean Patent Attorneys Association;
- the New York State Bar Association;
- the International Association for the Protection of Industrial Property;
- the Asian Patent Attorneys Association;
- the International Trademark Association;
- the Licensing Executives Society;
- the Korea Intellectual Property Law Research Society;
- the Korea International Trade Law Association;
- the US-Korea Business Council Committee;
- the Korea Legal Market Liberalisation Committee; and
- the Korea Domain Name Dispute Resolution Committee.