at Anand and Anand
Awarded the Award of Merit of the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI) and recognised as the Most Innovative Lawyer by The Financial Times, Pravin Anand is a preeminent IP lawyer with 40 years’ experience.
Some recent landmark decisions
- Patent lawsuits that transformed pharmaceutical and bio-technology enforcement regime in India, including Merck v Glenmark; Roche v Cipla; the Monsanto case; and a large number of other suits on behalf of Pfizer, BMS and AstraZeneca – among others.
- India’s first anti-anti-suit injunction order (InterDigital v Xiaomi); India’s first software patent law suit conferring protection (Ferid Allani case); the development of a damages culture in large number of cases that recognised not only punitive, but also compensatory, exemplary and aggravated damages (Philips v AmazeStore); India’s first post-trial SEP judgment (Philips v Bhagirathi); development of unique remedies such as the “Tree Planting Order” (Merck case); and an order benefitting adolescent girls (Hermes case).
He is the co-author of Halsbury’s Laws of India on IP and a large number of chapters in leading IP publications.
A former member of the INTA Board of Directors, Mr Anand has also served as the president of Indian groups of AIPPI, the Asian Patent Attorneys Association and the International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys.
Spreading the message of intellectual property
- The Raj Anand Moot Court Competition since 1997
- ‘Anaryst’ – an IP board game
- ‘Brainchild’ – first IP-themed play
- Adventures of Mr IP – an IP comic
- IPONOMICS – a coffee table book
Recent awards and accolades
- WTR Gold Band Lawyer – 2015-2021
- IBLJ A – List Lawyers & Icons – 2018-2020
- MIP IP Stars – Patent Star – 2015 2020
- Legal 500 Hall of Fame and Leading Individual – 2020
- IAM Patent 1000 – 2016-2020
- IAM Strategy 300 – 2016-2020
- ALB Top 15 IP Lawyers (India) – 2020
- Legal Era – Leading IP Lawyer of the Decade – 2020
Anand and Anand
B - 41
Nizamuddin East New Delhi 110013
See firm profile