Gabriela Salerno is a partner at Montaury Pimenta, Machado & Vieira de Mello and head of the technical team of Montaury’s patent department.
Ms Salerno graduated with a BSc in chemical engineering from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro and advises her clients on a wide range of technical issues regarding patent prosecution, particularly in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology fields. She is the current chair of the Biotechnology Committee of the Brazilian Association of Intellectual Property. She has a background in innovation management, coordinating projects related to competitive intelligence.
Areas of expertise
- Freedom-to-operate reports
- Industrial designs
- Life sciences
- Patents and utility models
- Plant variety protection
- May 2019: “New chemical and pharmaceutical guidelines – a year on: what has changed?”, IAM Life Sciences 2019 (co-author)
- “As estratégias do INPI para solucionar o backlog de patentes”, (AmCham News, 7 June 2019)
- “Brazil on its way to eliminate the existing patent backlog” (Lexology, 11 July 2019)