at Clyde & Co
Elliot Papageorgiou advises international companies and brands on contentious and non-contentious IP issues, with a particular focus on developing and implementing strategies for business-centric IP portfolio development, IP enforcement and strategic and cross-border IP enforcement and litigation involving China and Asia-Pacific. He has managed a range of strategic trademark, patent and copyright matters for regional and multinational clients. His client briefs include developing IP strategies for global automotive technology companies, global engineering and manufacturing conglomerates, as well as some of Europe’s best-known fast-moving consumer goods companies, luxury products and jewellery brands.
A selection of significant successes includes:
- winning patent clawback litigation for one of Europe’s largest engineering groups;
- winning patent defence litigation before the Supreme People’s Court for one of Europe’s largest engineering companies;
- advising one of Europe’s largest venture capital funds on strategic China IP acquisitions for its invested companies;
- winning numerous patent infringement lawsuits for a global infrastructure engineering group in China and across Asia-Pacific;
- winning patent, utility model and design infringement lawsuits for the global filtration company; and
- developing a Chinese freedom-to-operate and IP strategy for one of Europe’s largest automotive parts suppliers, including IP mapping and competitor threat analyses.
Mr Papageorgiou is qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales, an attorney at law in New York and a barrister and solicitor in Victoria. He holds bachelor’s degrees in commerce and economics from Murdoch University, an LLB from Monash University and a BCL from St Catherine’s College, University of Oxford.
Mr Papageorgiou’s recent accolades include:
- Client Choice Awards (2013 and 2015-2017);
- recommended in the Legal 500’s China IP category;
- ranked in the WTR 1000 as a recommended individual (2011-2018);
- ranked as a leader in his field by Chambers Global (2013, 2015-2018) and Chambers Asia-Pacific (2012-2018);
- ranked as a leader in the field by World IP Review (2016);
- ranked in the IAM Patent Litigation 250 (2011 and 2012) and the IAM Patent 1000 (2012-2018); and
- ranked in the IAM Strategy 300 (2012-2018).
- LES Scandinavia
Clyde & Co
Shanghai Two IFC
8 Century Avenue