at Maiwald Patentanwalts- und Rechtsanwalts-GmbH
Andreas Ledl’s expertise extends to all aspects of IP protection in the fields of pharmaceuticals, biotechnology and biochemistry. He has extensive experience in patent prosecution and advises on strategy and management of patent portfolios in the most important jurisdictions worldwide. He has particular experience in grant, opposition and appeal proceedings before the European Patent Office. He regularly prepares freedom-to-operate, validity and due diligence analyses for clients.
- Creation of an extensive patent portfolio in Europe and outside of Europe for a successful/leading opioid-based analgesic; defending key patents covering the analgesic against 10 or more opponents at the EPO; supporting ongoing European litigation by assisting the national teams
- Handling the majority of the European patent applications on behalf of PepsiCo Inc and applicants affiliated with PepsiCo, including initiating regional phases before the EPO; defending patents in the name of PepsiCo in opposition and appeal proceedings; representing new design applications on behalf of PepsiCo before the EUIPO
- In 2019, Dr Ledl successfully handled an appeal against Coca-Cola on behalf of patent proprietor PepsiCo at the EPO.
- Pharma and biotech
- Food and agriculture
- Patents and utility models
- IP consulting
- Patent prosecution and portfolio management
- Filing strategies and drafting patent applications
- Freedom-to-operate and validity opinions
- Opposition and nullity proceedings
Maiwald Patentanwalts- und Rechtsanwalts-GmbH
See firm profile