Partner at Gorodissky & Partners
Alexander Vasilets is a partner, Russian design attorney and head of the design department at Gorodissky & Partners. He graduated from the Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia and later from the Russian State Academy of Intellectual Property.
Mr Vasilets specialises in patenting industrial designs in Russia and abroad, counselling large industrial companies on patenting strategy in Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), and representing clients before the Chamber of Patent Disputes. He has thus advised a large German industrial company on its patenting strategy in Russia and CIS countries, and successfully represented a large Swiss tobacco company and a Japanese manufacturer of medical equipment before the Chamber of Patent Disputes, obtaining the registration of the client’s design patent in both cases.
Mr Vasilets is a frequent speaker at IP conferences and seminars in Russia and abroad, and the author of a number of publications. He speaks English, German and French, and is listed among the best patent lawyer practitioners in the world’s most respected legal rankings.
- Patenting of designs in Russia and other countries
- Advising Russian and foreign clients on industrial design legal issues
- Representing clients before the Chamber of Patent Disputes
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property
- Russian Chamber of Patent Attorneys