The Chinese patent market has developed at an incredible speed. With an increasing number of foreign companies and investors showing an interest in buying Chinese patents, and more and more Chinese companies building up their foreign IP assets with a view to expanding overseas, China is increasingly a global hub of IP businesss. So the country's commercial capital of Shanghai was the obvious choice to host this year’s IPBC Asia, which will take place at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel on December 4-6.
There is plenty on the agenda to interest both Asian and international companies, including:
- Top 10 mistakes when creating an IP corporate strategy
- China boot camp: creating an effective IP presence
- The emerging patent battleground in China
- Asia’s leading companies reveal their IP nightmares
- SEPs and FRAND term negotiations – the Asian perspective
- IP deal making
- Risks and opportunities in the new European patent market
- Top negotiation tips for reducing the IP royalty deficit
- The new US patent litigation reality
View the full programme here.
The 60+ member international speaker faculty includes:
- Benjamin Bai, vice president & chief IP counsel, Ant Financial
- Ira Blumberg, vice president of IP, Lenovo
- Billie Chen, chief IP counsel, TSMC
- Min-Sheo Choi, director IP business section, ETRI
- Eric Damon, director of IP licensing Asia Pacific, IBM
- Eeva Hakoranta, head of licensing, Nokia Technologies
- Brian Hinman, CIPO, Philips
- Heath Hoglund, chief patent counsel, Dolby
- Micky Minhas, chief patent counsel, Microsoft
- Feng Ren, chief IP specialist, IP strategy department, Panasonic
- Greg Sato, managing counsel, Intel
- Xiang Wang, senior vice president, Xiaomi
- Xiaodan Wang, head of IP, DJI
- Amy Xu, chief patent and technology counsel, Alibaba
- Zhongli Zhang, IP director, Hisense
- Plus senior speakers from ABB, Ericsson, IBM, LG Electronics, NXP, SCG, Unified Patents and many more.
View the full speaker line up here.
All sessions will be bilingual, with simultaneous Chinese-English translations and, as with all IPBCs, particular focus is attached to the networking aspect of the event, which includes a spectacular rooftop welcome reception and the Asia IP Elite gala dinner.
There is no other event quite like IPBC Asia and, unsurprisingly, demand for tickets is high. To register, please visit www.IPBCAsia.com or contact our team at [email protected].