Wuesthoff & Wuesthoff
Wuesthoff & Wuesthoff is one of the most distinguished German IP law firms. Founded in 1927 by Freda Wuesthoff – the first female German patent attorney – and her husband, Franz Wuesthoff, the firm is headquartered in Munich, where the German Patent and Trademark Office (GPTO), the European Patent Office (EPO) and the German Federal Patent Court are located.
Our international team of more than 100 experienced patent attorneys, attorneys at law, patent engineers, technical experts and qualified paralegals is poised and ready to assist our clients with their unique needs and service requirements.
We provide consulting services and advise our clients on patents, utility models, design rights, trademarks, competition law, antitrust law, plant variety protection, employee invention law, copyright and all related contractual aspects around the globe.
In addition to obtaining and managing IP rights, our firm’s expertise extends to the enforcement and defense of IP rights, both in and out of court. We represent our clients in opposition and appeal proceedings before the EPO, in nullity proceedings before the German Federal Patent Court and in infringement proceedings before the GPTO, the European Intellectual Property Office and the EU courts.
Wuesthoff & Wuesthoff provides IP services in all technical fields including obtaining, defending, enforcing and licensing patents in those technical fields.
Our patent attorneys are authors of numerous publications on German and European patent law, and speak at several events, lectures and seminars on a national and international level.
Our sophisticated software and hardware infrastructure and experienced in-houseIT experts ensure that we provide ourclients with cost-effective, reliable and user-friendly services.
In order to provide our distinguished clientele with consistent and reliable on-site representation, we collaborate with a select group of highly experienced and well-established correspondence law firms around the world.
Our firm’s domestic and foreign clients are involved in all fields of technology and include large corporations and medium-sized businesses, as well as acclaimed academic research institutions.
Our major practice areas are:
- electrical engineering;
- information technology;
- communication technology;
- computer science;
- automotive technology;
- aeronautics and space technology;
- mechanical engineering;
- medical engineering;
- optics, laser and fiber technology;
- safety engineering;
- process engineering;
- biotechnology and life sciences;
- chemistry and pharmaceuticals; and
- clean and green technologies.
The firm’s partners are:
- Dr Dipl-Chem Jobst Wibbelmann;
- Dipl-Ing Steffen J Schmidt;
- Prof Dr Ing Andreas Beyer;
- Dipl-Phys Rainer Röthinger;
- Dipl-Ing Bernhard Thum, LLM;
- Dipl-Ing Axel Katérle;
- Dr-Ing Silvia Schicker;
- Dipl-Ing Rainer P. Gunzelmann;
- Dipl-Ing Matthias Frenkel, LLM;
- Dr rer nat Hendrik Wichmann; and
- Dipl-Inf Bernd Laqua.
Our associates are:
- Dipl-Ing Oliver Schornack;
- Dr rer nat Thomas Sonnenhauser;
- Dipl-Ing Matthias Bergmeister;
- Beatrix Breitinger, LLM;
- Dipl-Ing Stefan Chivarov;
- Vera Dalichau;
- Dipl-Ing Wolfgang Hilbig;
- Dipl-Phys Malte Huck;
- MSc Haoran Jiang;
- BSc (EE) Sooyeong Jo;
- B Eng (EE) Minkyu Jung;
- Steffen Kirschstein-Freund, LLM;
- Dr M Sc Stephan Klaus;
- Dipl-Ing Christian Läufer;
- Dipl-Phys, PhD (Cantab) Sebastian Mooser;
- Dipl-Ing (FH) Andreas Mötsch;
- Dr Dipl Biochem. Simon Mügge;
- Dipl-Phys Anja Nagy-Ziegler;
- Dr-Ing, Dipl-Phys Andreas Oancea;
- Stefania Viano; and
- Dipl-Techn Math Univ Christiane Walther-Braun.