Wu Feng & Zhang
Wu, Feng & Zhang is a specialised IP law firm based in Beijing, with internationally recognised expertise in both IP rights procurement and contentious matters relating to patents and trademarks in China.
As Wu, Feng & Zhang is a law firm registered to practise before the courts for trial, appellate and retrial cases and a patent and trademark agency registered to practise before the State Intellectual Property Office (SIPO) and the State Administration for Industry and Commerce, our team has greater flexibility than most to represent clients and consistently protect intellectual assets in China.
Wu, Feng & Zhang provides a wide range of IP services relating to patents, trademarks and other kinds of IP protection in China, for both multinational companies and domestic start-ups. These services include patent drafting, patent validity and infringement analysis, freedom-to-operate opinions and rights enforcement in China, trademark prosecution and litigation in China.
Wu, Feng & Zhang assists clients with every aspect of its patent services, including:
- conducting prior art searches and providing patentability or validity opinions;
- conducting freedom-to-operate searches and opining and counselling on patent validity and infringement;
- drafting and filing invention, utility model and design applications;
- drafting and filing Patent Cooperation Treaty applications;
- prosecuting applications in China and developing and managing patent portfolios for start-ups;
- preparing and filing patent invalidation requests;
- defending patent validity;
- initiating administrative litigation against invalidation decisions or re-examinations from the Patent Re-examination Board; and
- initiating or defending infringement litigation throughout China.
Wu, Feng & Zhang also provides trademark and industrial design rights services, including:
- preparing, filing and prosecuting trademark applications;
- trademark oppositions;
- trademark knockout searches; and
- non-use cancellations.
Wu, Feng & Zhang’s experienced prosecution team comprises both patent and trademark specialists with expertise in chemicals, biotechnology, medical devices, electrical and electronics, pharmaceuticals and agro-chemical products. Within the team:
- most partners are qualified attorneys at law and patent attorneys;
- most partners have master’s degrees or PhDs in science or engineering subjects;
- all partners have been trained in domestic or foreign law schools;
- some partners have been trained in foreign law firms (eg, in Japan or the United States); and
- the average practice period of our partners is over 14 years.
In addition to the experienced prosecution team, Wu, Feng & Zhang also has an active IP litigation team led by Amy Feng. The firm has successfully represented clients in numerous cases in Chinese courts, including two cases which were named among the 10 most significant IP cases by the Supreme People’s Court in 2016 and 2017.
With professional expertise in law, abundant experience before SIPO and the courts, and a prodigious team that enjoys cooperative collaboration and effective communication, Wu, Feng & Zhang is committed to continued excellence and providing the highest-quality tailored legal services for its clients.
Wu Feng & Zhang
- Amy Feng, Managing partner
Other recommended individuals at this firm