Wildanger Kehrwald Graf von Schwerin & Partner mbB
Wildanger Kehrwald Graf von Schwerin & Partners mbB is one of the oldest and most prominent German IP litigation firms in Germany and can rely on decades of experience. Wildanger has an outstanding position in the field of patent litigation and is well known for its drive and extraordinarily high standards. Wildanger has 13 truly specialised attorneys in IP litigation – among them nine partners. The firm’s international and national clients always receive the same level of dedication and individual attention.
Wildanger has a remarkable track record in SEP enforcement and licensing, as well as in handling any sort of IP litigation across industries at any level of complexity.
The firm was already focused on IP law when it was taken over in 1967 by Günther Wildanger, one of Germany’s best-known patent litigation attorneys. The firm has played a decisive role in establishing Dusseldorf as a leading jurisdiction for patent and utility model litigation. A very high number of leading German decisions in the field of IP law, in particular patent law, are cases handled by Wildanger.
All partners stand out among IP lawyers thanks to their outstanding work, expertise and experience. They hold themselves to extremely high standards. The close-knit team of internationally experienced attorneys works closely together, sharing their knowledge and expertise – with effective results. The firm’s team is freely ‘scalable’ to handle even large and complex litigation.
- Patents and utility models – infringement proceedings; nullity and opposition proceedings; freedom-to-operate analysis; collecting evidence: inspection proceedings; SEPs and FRAND; disputes on inventor’s rights; licence agreements; R&D contracts; IP transfer
- Employee inventions – assignments, remuneration, incentive systems, university inventions, in-house trainings
- Trademarks – enforcement and exploitation of trademarks, company names and indications of geographical origin; representation in infringement and cancellation proceedings; border seizures; preservation of evidence orders; licensing
- Designs – infringement proceedings; revocation/deletion proceedings; border seizures; preservation of evidence; licensing
- Unfair competition law – passing off; reputation exploitation; reputation damage/degradation; unfair advertising; preliminary injunctions
- Trade secret protection – infringement proceedings; protective measures
Wildanger’s national and international clients come from a wide range of industries, among them global players, SMEs and start-ups. Wildanger serves companies in new technologies, including biochemistry, software, information technology, semiconductor technology and telecoms, as well as in classic areas such as pharmaceuticals, chemicals, engineering, automotive, medical technologies, consumables, electronics and electrical engineering.
- JUVE German Commercial Law Firms frequently lists Wildanger as a top-tier law firm for patent litigation in Germany
- JUVE German Commercial Law Firms (2019/2020) lists Roland Kehrwald and Peter-Michael Weisse among the top 12 senior advisers in patent litigation in Germany and Eva Geschke amongst the top 9 leading advisers under 50
- Chambers Europe 2019: “Peers in the market recognize the firm’s strength in court, stating: ‘Their work is sound and respectable and they are dangerous to have on the other side’”
- IAM Global Leaders lists two Wildanger partners for Germany (Wolf Graf von Schwerin and Mr Weisse)
- Recommended for patent litigation by The Legal 500 2018 – “Wildanger Kehrwald Graf v Schwerin & Partner’s practice has an emphasis on telecommunication[s], life sciences and mechanics”. Dr Kehrwald is among the five lawyers included in the Hall of Fame for Patent Litigation, Germany, in the recent edition of The Legal 500.
Working languages include English, French and German.