Wildanger Kehrwald Graf von Schwerin & Partner mbB
Wildanger Kehrwald Graf von Schwerin & Partners mbB is one of the oldest and most prominent German IP litigation firms in Germany and can rely on decades of experience. Wildanger has an outstanding position in the field of patent litigation and is well known for its drive and extraordinarily high standards. Wildanger has 13 truly specialised attorneys in IP litigation – among them nine partners. The firm’s international and national clients always receive the same level of dedication and individual attention.
Wildanger has a remarkable and most successful track record in SEP enforcement and licensing, as well as in handling any sort of IP litigation across industries at any level of complexity.
The firm was already focused on IP law when it was taken over in 1967 by Günther Wildanger, one of Germany’s best-known patent litigation attorneys. This take-over played a decisive role in establishing Dusseldorf as a leading jurisdiction for patent and utility model litigation. A very high number of leading German decisions in the field of IP law, in particular patent law, involved cases handled by Wildanger.
All partners have set themselves apart in their own personal ways through their outstanding work, expertise and experience. They hold themselves to extremely high standards, making the firm the first choice for IP litigation and advice among national and international clients of any size. The close-knit team of internationally experienced attorneys works closely together, sharing their knowledge and expertise – with effective results. The firm’s team is freely scalable to also handle large and complex litigation.
- Patents and utility models – infringement proceedings, nullity and opposition proceedings; freedom-to-operate analyses; collecting evidence: inspection proceedings; SEPs and FRAND; disputes on inventor’s rights; licence agreements, R&D contracts, transfer of intellectual property
- Employee inventions – assignments, remuneration, incentive systems, university inventions, in-house trainings
- Trademarks – enforcement and exploitation of trademarks, company names and indications of geographical origin; representation in infringement and cancellation proceedings; border seizures; preservation of evidence orders; licensing
- Designs – infringement proceedings; revocation/deletion proceedings; border seizures; preservation of evidence; licensing
- Unfair competition law –passing off; reputation exploitation; reputation damage/degradation; unfair advertising; preliminary injunctions
- Trade secret protection – infringement proceedings; protective measures
Wildanger’s national and international clients come from a wide range of industries, among them global players, small and medium-sized enterprises and start-up companies. Wildanger serves companies in new technology fields, such as biochemistry, software, information technology, semiconductor technology and telecoms, as well as in classic areas, including pharmaceuticals, chemicals, engineering, automotive, medical technologies, consumables, electronics and electrical engineering.
- JUVE German Commercial Law Firms frequently lists Wildanger as top-tier law firm for patent litigation in Germany.
- JUVE German Commercial Law Firms (2020/2021) lists Roland Kehrwald and Peter-Michael Weisse among the top 14 senior advisers in patent litigation in Germany and Eva Geschke among the top nine leading advisers under 50.
- Chambers Europe 2021 writes about the firm “Clients regard the team as ‘one of the best patent litigation teams in Germany.’”.
- IAM Global Leaders recommands two Wildanger partners from Germany (Wolf Graf von Schwerin and Mr Weisse).
- Managing Intellectual Property recognises five partners as “Patent stars 2020/2021”.
- Dr Kehrwald is one of only five lawyers inducted into The Legal 500 Hall of Fame for patent litigation in Germany.
Working languages include English, French and German.