Vossius & Partner Patentanwälte Rechtsanwälte mbB
Vossius & Partner Patentanwälte Rechtsanwälte mbB is a partnership of patent attorneys and attorneys at law with offices in Munich, Dusseldorf, Berlin and Basel. Established in Munich in 1961, it is one of Europe’s leading IP firms with clients from all over the world.
The firm focuses on high-end advice for innovative companies concerning all questions associated with the protection and enforcement of IP rights. Vossius & Partner Patentanwälte Rechtsanwälte’s areas of expertise comprise all IP fields, including patents, trademarks, copyrights, design rights and supplementary protection certificates, as well as licensing, competition, pharmaceutical, IT and data protection, media and food law. Due to its global network of colleagues, particularly in the United States, Asia and Europe, Vossius & Partner Patentanwälte Rechtsanwälte also advises on international protection rights.
As a full-service IP law firm, Vossius & Partner Patentanwälte Rechtsanwälte offers clients the technological and scientific knowledge of highly-specialized patent attorneys combined with the knowledge of experienced attorneys at law. Drawing on decades of experience, the firm can provide a comprehensive range of services. This translates into the best possible client counselling and the greatest possible protection of IP assets during all phases of legal disputes and litigation.
Main areas of practice
- Biology and biotechnology – Vossius & Partner Patentanwälte Rechtsanwälte has been a worldwide leader from the beginning in this area of science. Due to the different technical specialisations of its attorneys, the firm covers all aspects of the biotechnology, biochemistry, biophysics, bio-IT, e-health, pharmacology and neighbouring technical fields. In cases where a broader technical background is required, teams are formed comprising members of our chemistry or physics and engineering departments. Recommended individuals in these fields include Hans-Rainer Jaenichen, Joachim Wachenfeld and Jürgen Meier.
- Chemistry and pharmacology – this field is one of the fundamental cornerstones of Vossius & Partner Patentanwälte Rechtsanwälte based on the firm’s historical development. Clients range from large multinational corporations to small and medium-sized enterprises. Areas of specialty include polymer, organometallic and pharmaceutical chemistry, as well as metallurgy. Where appropriate, joint teams are created to cover clients’ often complex inventions.
- Physics, electrical and mechanical engineering, information technology – the firm’s physics and engineering department has extensive expertise in handling patent opposition proceedings, in many cases regarding patent infringement litigation. The technical department has therefore had increased engagement with multinational patent litigation and related patent revocation cases over the past year, primarily in the electronics and medical technology fields. Recommended individuals in this area include Rainer Viktor and Elard Schenck zu Schweinsberg.
- Patent disputes and litigation – lawyers specialised in patent litigation team up with the firm’s patent attorneys to advise clients in patent disputes in the natural science and technology fields. Clients include national and multinational companies who are represented by experienced attorneys before the civil courts throughout Germany, as well as before the EPO and the German Patent and Trademark Office (GPTO). Recommended individuals in this area include Johann Pitz, Thure Schubert and Wolfgang von Meibom.
- Trademarks, designs, copyright and unfair competition – the firm’s trademark and design department provides strategic advice in all legal aspects relating to trademark, design, copyright and unfair competition. The firm has long-standing experience in representing clients in all kinds of enforcement on a national and multinational scale. The firm’s lawyers frequently represent clients in proceedings before the GPTO, the EUIPO, the Federal Patent Court, the European Court of Justice and the German civil courts dealing with infringement matters. Mathias Kleespies and Paul Kretschmar are recommended in this area.
- IT & data protection – Vossius & Partner Patentanwälte Rechtsanwälte provides comprehensive advice in the dynamic field of IT law and data protection to international market leaders, small and medium-sized enterprises as well as start-up companies, offering creative, tailored solutions. Clients find themselves facing new requirements of a legal, operational and technical-organisational nature in both areas. The firm’s integrated approach of legal excellence and deep technical expertise allows it to lead clients through the challenges of digital change.
- Asia desk – Vossius & Partner Patentanwälte Rechtsanwälte provides specialised teams of patent attorneys and attorneys at law (some of whom are nationals of Asian countries) for Asian (especially Chinese, Japanese and Korean) clients, as well as clients doing business in Asia to address specific legal issues, as well as language requirements.
Vossius & Partner Patentanwälte Rechtsanwälte mbB