TOPTEAM International Patent & Trademark Office
The TOPTEAM International Patent & Trademark Office has been providing a full range of legal services for IP rights protection since it was established in 1985 and has assisted clients in securing tens of thousands of IP rights and intangible assets and with research breakthroughs in Taiwan, the United States, Europe and Japan, in addition to other foreign countries.
As one of the largest and most reputable specialty IP law firms in Taiwan, the firm is best known for its capabilities in patent drafting, cross-border prosecution, strategies planning and IP portfolio management.
TOPTEAM’s services comprise patent, trademark and integrated-circuit layout prosecution; legal opinions and counselling services; domestic and international IP rights planning and strategy; trade secret and unfair competition consulting; dispute resolution and litigation; licensing; technical transfer; and overseas litigation support.
Fields of technical expertise
With a staff of over 200, including 29 patent attorneys, three attorneys at law and 70 technical professionals (mostly with an advanced graduate degree) from diverse technical backgrounds, we at TOPTEAM are able to offer clients personalised, professional, timely and cost-effective solutions, serving a host of industries and institutions in Taiwan and overseas. We cover semiconductors, displays, mechanical engineering, biotech, pharmaceuticals, life sciences, chemistry, material science, electronics, circuit design, electrical engineering, consumer and medical devices, communication, software, computer science, and integrated-circuit layout and business methods.
TOPTEAM takes great pride in its longstanding client relationships and continuous positive word-of-mouth referrals. New clients mostly are referred by our existing clients. The firm has been representing domestic and international businesses and organisations, including world-leading high-tech companies, major manufacturers, key players in diverse businesses, prominent academic institutions, public sectors, media, entertainment companies, sports entities, retailers, start-ups and customer service companies.
Reliable quality control system
To adequately support its personnel in striving for excellence in all they do, TOPTEAM broadly invests in staff development programmes and IT systems, and continuously optimises its quality control mechanisms. We also carefully select and regularly assess foreign associate law firms with stringent criteria to ensure that our cross-border IP services are delivered based on the most recent developments in the jurisdictions of interest.
Commitment and philosophy
To order to stay true to our concrete commitment to top-quality professional services, we work closely with clients in every aspect by sticking to our service philosophy “Explore the future blueprint together in all sincerity”, as well as its five-pillar approach:
- We truly listen to your needs and support you wholeheartedly;
- Our competency building framework aims to cultivate specialty talents and a professional mindset;
- Our ongoing diversified development is fuelled by self-motivated innovation;
- The communication with our partners encourages frankness with mutual respect; and
- A caring heart for the society pushes us to do more.
- Taiwan Patent Attorneys Association
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property
- International Trademark Association
- Asian Patent Attorneys Association
Our commitment to excellence and high-quality service is well recognised by our clients and peers worldwide, as well as leading legal media. Below are some accolades and awards we have received over the recent years.
The Legal 500 (Asia Pacific)
- Intellectual Property (Prosecution): Tier 1, since 2013
- Intellectual Property: Tier 2, since 2019
Chambers and Partners (Asia-Pacific and Global)
- Intellectual Property: Patent & Trade Mark Agents –Taiwan: Band 1, since 2012
Managing Intellectual Property’s IP Stars
- Patent prosecution: Tier 1, since 2014
IAM Patent 1000
- Firms prosecution: Top ranked, since 2017
- Firm litigation: Bronze band, since 2020