Picture a team of Brazilian legal, strategic IP, anti-corruption, data privacy compliance and regulatory consultants dedicated to overcoming challenges faced by the multinational pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, health and medical device industry operating in the country’s robust yet complex market. A group of licensed Brazilian attorneys committed to assisting industry members with their objectives, on time and under budget. A globally oriented firm whose members apply their collective decades of legal experience, the most effective legal practices. Meet SPLAW.
Our team leverages its extensive industry experience, strong communication skills and proactive approach to support our clients’ legal and business needs. SPLAW stands out through its flexibility. Its members possess exceptional oral and written communication skills and work equally well independently and in groups. We are accustomed to meeting aggressive deadlines through vigorous multi-tasking. We strategically and efficiently assign the right combination of professionals to provide thorough yet cost-effective representation. When needed, we can scale up quickly to handle broader matters.
SPLAW provides counselling for the legal, regulatory and compliance challenges of clients in the healthcare and life sciences, technology and food sectors. SPLAW truly believes in building communication bridges and dedicates time to understanding our clients, their businesses, challenges and competitors. From a deeply focused and informed position, we truly communicate, forging cost-efficient, dynamic and creative approaches to tackle with impact the legal, regulatory and compliance challenges of our clients.
SPLAW is actively assisting clients in the life sciences, technology, food and environmentally sound solutions industries with all their legal, compliance and regulatory challenges, including those arising from intellectual property, data privacy and data protection, antibribery, anticorruption and business conduct compliance; regulatory and public compliance; environmental, biodiversity and sustainability; and employment.
We advise industry clients on life sciences, intellectual property, policy, healthcare laws and compliant industry practices, including:
- product pricing, regulation and government price reporting;
- arrangements with distributors, pharmacies, wholesalers and market partners;
- strategic IP and/or healthcare practices and policies, such as those affecting the prosecution, licensing, enforcement and regulation of intangible assets;
- compliant patient support programmes;
- coverage and reimbursement, in particular under the Brazilian Universal Healthcare System;
- a broad range of market access, including vendor contracting, policy development and standard operating procedures reviews;
- privacy counselling on the Brazilian version of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and the Physician Payments Sunshine Act, and of the Brazilian General Data Protection Law (LGPD) rules; and
- a broad range of other healthcare regulatory matters, such as advertising and promotion, policy development, funding requests, legal counsel to compliance, policy development, and client and vendor training.
All partners of the firm and most SPLAW attorneys are graduates of Brazilian law schools, with at least 10 years of legal experience. All are licensed by the Brazilian Bar Association and gained prior in-house experience in the fields of healthcare, biotechnology, pharmaceutical and/or medical technology, and/or biotech. Our team remains up to date on compliance, legal and regulatory trends and industry laws. Our principals are known throughout the industry for their legal and policy contributions.
Based in São Paulo with an active satellite office in Campinas, our firm works with associate offices in Brasilia, Washington, Tel Aviv and Geneva. Similarly, we belong to a network of industry-specific law firms throughout Brazil and the rest of Latin America.
Alameda Campinas 1077
Sao Paulo 01404 001
- Tel Aviv
- Washington DC