Reinhold Cohn Group
Reinhold Cohn Group (RCG) is the oldest and leading IP consulting firm in Israel. RCG offers a full breadth of IP-related services and expertise, including protection, asset management, due diligence, litigation and legal services. The firm operates in all areas of intellectual property such as patents, trademarks, designs, copyright, open source and plant breeders’ rights.
The group includes the patent attorneys firm Reinhold Cohn & Partners and the law firm Gilat, Bareket & Co.
The synergy of patent attorneys experienced in a diverse range of technological and scientific disciplines working alongside legal professionals creates a unique and effective platform for maximising the value of a client’s IP assets by securing optimal protection.
RCG employs over 200 professionals, out of which over 50 are patent attorneys and attorneys at law.
RCG and its team are internationally renowned for excellence and are continually ranked in the top tiers in leading international and local guides such as Managing Intellectual Property, Chambers & Partners, The Legal 500, WTR 1000, IAM 300, IAM 1000, Who’s Who Legal, Expert Guides, D&B Israel and BDI.
The law firm of Gilat, Bareket & Co is a leading IP firm in Israel, specialising in litigation and legal protection of rights in patents, technology, brands, designs, creative works and inventions.
With years of professional experience, Gilat, Bareket & Co garners recognition for successfully litigating landmark cases and representing domestic and international clients. The firm’s areas of expertise include patent and trademark litigation, protection of designs and copyright, and structuring and negotiating IP-related contracts and transactions. The firm helps its customers with R&D and licence agreements, knowledge acquisition and technology transfer agreements and agreements vis-à-vis collective rights management societies. The firm also provides a service of enforcement of brand owners’ rights to prevent import and distribution of counterfeits and imitations. Other areas of expertise include investment agreements, obtaining financing from the governmental Office of the Chief Scientist and other institutional investors, non-disclosure agreements, distribution agreements, internet law and strategic cooperation with foreign companies.
In addition, the firm provides general legal assistance in other fields – for example, company law, competition law, antitrust and property law – and successfully represents clients before the courts in Israel and before the Patents, Designs and Trademarks Registrar.
Gilat, Bareket & Co employs 17 attorneys at law, several of whom also hold academic degrees in sciences. Extensive legal knowledge and experience, as well as technological and scientific insight, enable Gilat, Bareket & Co to offer an effective and optimal legal protection strategy which considers each client’s IP assets in light of its business strategy in general.
- Life sciences and chemistry handles inventions in a wide spectrum of fields: biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, medical compositions and equipment, molecular biology, organic and inorganic chemistry, agriculture, nanotechnology, biochemistry, pharmacology, food technology, diagnostics and green-tech and related fields.
- Hi-tech operates in a wide range of technologies including computers (hardware and software) and computer-based inventions, electrical engineering and electronics, electro-optics, cellular technology, databases, multi and digital media, integrated systems and processes, semiconductor devices and related processes, communications and telecommunications, Internet, computer-based business methods and storage.
- Mechanics and technology handles inventions in the fields of mechanics and engineering. The departments specialises in various engineering domains such as mechanical engineering, automotive, aerospace, maritime, materials and agriculture. Other areas of expertise are optics, medical devices and equipment, agricultural and water technologies, consumer products, packaging and handling of merchandise and materials, military technologies and dentistry.
- Physics handles inventions in the fields of optics, electro-optics, acoustics, electrical engineering, optical communication, optical and electronic information storage, semiconductor-based technologies, medical devices and nanotechnology, among others.
- Trademarks provides strategic and legal counselling relating to selection of trademarks and their proper use, planning, implementation and management of international trademark portfolios for local and international clients. The department conducts searches to ascertain the degree of freedom to operate, provides opinions regarding availability for use and inherent registrability. It handles trademark filing, prosecution and registration, as well as domain name registration, drafts trademark-related agreements and maintains worldwide trademark watches.
Reinhold Cohn Group
Reinhold Cohn House
26A Habarzel Street
Tel Aviv 6971037
Recommended individuals at this firm
Other recommended individuals at this firm