NTD Intellectual Property Attorneys
NTD Intellectual Property Attorneys, established in 1987 under the name NTD Patent and Trademark Agency Limited, was one of the first four Chinese law firms to provide legal services in the area of intellectual property for both international and domestic clients. Over the years, NTD has grown into one of the leading IP law firms in China, with its main office in Beijing, offices in Hong Kong and Shanghai and liaison offices in Munich, New Jersey, Silicon Valley and Tokyo.
- A one-stop IP service – we can provide services in all IP-related matters.
- A stable team of professionals – over half of our attorneys and paralegals have worked for NTD for more than 15 years. The same team will always work with the same client.
- Teamwork based on strategic thinking – our attorneys across our patent, trademark and legal teams work closely; they always view matter from the perspective of their clients and hone in on their core business values.
- Wide coverage of technical areas and profound comprehension of complicated technologies – our attorneys are always learning about new technologies and fully understand the technical difficulties that can be faced during patent prosecution, invalidation and litigation.
- A reliable management system – our IP management system has been developed over multiple years of practice and helps to avoid human and administrative errors.
- Close and effective ties with government authorities – we are in regular communication with the IP authorities and keep abreast of all the latest judicial trends and policy directions.
We are a full-service IP law firm that can meet all of our clients’ diverse needs in the field of intellectual property. Our services include patent prosecution and invalidation; trademark registration, opposition and cancellation; copyright and domain name registration; anti-counterfeiting investigation; administrative raid action; IP litigation; customs protection; IP searches and analysis; watch services; IP consultation; IP licensing and assignment; and contract dispute arbitration.
Besides English, we also provide services in Japanese, German and French. In order to meet the increasing needs of our clients, we have set up specialist teams for Japan and Germany. Both teams are made up of individuals with different technical backgrounds, most of whom have an educational background or professional experience in Japan or Germany.
We have more than 500 staff members, including 54 lawyers, 158 patent attorneys and 38 trademark attorneys.
Our patent attorneys have technical backgrounds in a broad range of fields, including computer science, networks, telecoms, electrical engineering, semiconductors, optics, mechanical engineering, automotive technics, machinery, material science, biotech, pharmaceuticals and chemistry. Our attorneys at law – who have strong technical backgrounds and experience in patent or trademark prosecution – can help clients to formulate their IP strategies. Our trademark attorneys, with years of accumulated expertise and experience, are competent in services ranging from trademark registration to the settlement of trademark disputes.
We rely on our people as the cornerstone of our development, and this human focus has run through our years of practice. We are committed to the continued education and well-being of our staff, so that we can keep pace with the latest progress in law and technology and wholeheartedly and energetically devote ourselves to our daily work.
Our goal is to be a reliable service provider in the area of IP law, enabling clients to handle their IP affairs in China efficiently and simply, while simultaneously maximising clients’ legal interests and minimising their costs.
Awards and honours
- Ranked gold for trademark prosecution and strategy by the WTR 1000 2019
- Highly recommended firm for Chinese patent prosecution by IAM Patent 1000 2018
- Ranked in Tier 2 in trademark prosecution and patent prosecution by Managing Intellectual Property in 2018
- Ranked in Band 2 for non-litigation services in China by Chambers & Partners Asia-Pacific in 2018
- Ranked as a Tier 2 IP law firm by the Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018
Commitment to the public
NTD is also committed to public services and our staff members are actively involved in various public service activities. We have made donations to help those affected by serious disasters – not only in China, but also in other countries. Legal services are provided free of charge to some institutes, the disabled, students and certain other individuals.
NTD Intellectual Property Attorneys
Beijing Global Trade Centre
36 North Third Ring Road East
- Hong Kong
- New Jersey
Sample client list