NONY is a well-established IP law firm founded in 1964. Since then, the firm has continuously offered the highest quality services in relation to patents, trademarks, copyright, trade secrets and other IP matters. The firm’s clients particularly value its professionals’ responsiveness, commitment and skills.
With headquarters in Paris and branch offices in Lyon, Grenoble, Toulouse, Nantes and Nice, NONY offers a broad geographical coverage in France.
The firm is involved in all areas of intellectual property. Its team of experts offers comprehensive and integrated IP solutions covering patent prosecution, litigation, invalidation and various kinds of research and analysis, including freedom-to-operate and pre-litigation patent portfolio analyses.
NONY’s team includes more than 35 seasoned professionals holding engineering degrees, PhDs and law degrees, able to cover the full spectrum of the firm’s clients’ needs and deliver tailored, integrated and cutting-edge IP solutions transparently and on budget. Many of these professionals have in-house experience, in various industries and research institutes. Their expertise is further acknowledged by their regular intervention as speakers or experts before the French Courts.
NONY’s patent attorneys are specialists in a range of technical areas, including mechanical, electrical, chemical and life sciences; they work side-by-side with the firm’s design and trademark attorneys to satisfy clients’ diverse needs.
Typically, one patent attorney is assigned to each client to act as referee and ensure a personalised and consistent service.
In a continuously changing and evolving technological world, the firm’s experts work transversally to form cross-disciplinary teams and to ensure that all facets of complex IP matters are covered, and that all clients’ needs are identified and met.
The partners and associates of the firm are members of the main French and international professional organisations including the National Company of Industrial Property Attorneys, the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property, the International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys, the Association of Industrial Property Attorneys, the Association of Practitioners of European Patents, the Association of Trademark and Design Rights Practitioners, INTA and the Licensing Executives Society.
International network and clients
NONY’s multi-disciplinary experts rely on a strong network of specialised and well-proven foreign associates, with whom NONY has established privileged relationships to represent businesses and clients around the world in various jurisdictions, in connection with patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright and technology matters.
NONY assists a wide array of national and international clients covering a diverse typology of businesses, including small and large companies, public and private research laboratories or institutes, value-add organisations, such as technology transfer accelerator companies, and universities.
NONY works with its clients to assist them in identifying their IP assets and capturing and protecting their innovations resulting from research and development efforts, from invention to commercialisation. NONY also helps its clients to maximise and to defend the value of their IP assets portfolio in negotiating strategic relationships or in litigation.
NONY assists its clients with all aspects of intellectual property. In particular, the firm provides the following services:
- patentability opinions, drafting and filing of patent applications and supplementary protection certificates, in France and abroad;
- availability searches, trademark and design filings in France and abroad;
- examination proceedings before patent or trademark offices in France and abroad, opposition procedures at the EPO or EUIPO;
- freedom-to-operate analyses in France and abroad;
- due diligence on intellectual property in investment and M&As;
- counterfeiting and unfair competition litigation in France and abroad;
- financial evaluation of IP rights;
- negotiation and drafting of contracts, in particular non-disclosure agreements, licensing, assignments for patents, trademarks and designs;
- proactive coordination of maintenance and annuities management for large patent portfolios, as well as trademark and design renewals, legal status updates;
- drafting and recordation of assignments, licences and changes of name and address; and
- training programmes (for private companies, but also at the National Institute of Industrial Property and universities).
11 rue Saint Georges
Sample client list
- Mars Inc
- Oberthur Fiduciaire