Lung Tin Intellectual Property Agent Ltd
Founded in 1994, Lung Tin Intellectual Property Agent Ltd – one of the first IP firms approved by the government to represent international clients in China – is headquartered in Beijing, with branch offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Xi’ an, Shenyang, Xiamen, Osaka and New York. Since its establishment, Lung Tin has grown into a prominent full-service IP firm, with a network of strategic alliances worldwide to provide clients with global IP services.
The firm has more than 226 attorneys out of 445 staff members. About one-third of its staff members have advanced degrees and about two-thirds use English as their working language. In addition, many are fluent in Japanese, Korean, German and French.
What makes Lung Tin different?
Commitment and dedication – Lung Tin is a quality-focused IP firm and is distinct from other firms and agencies:
- Lung Tin has experienced and confident professionals. Its key professionals have been with Lung Tin for more than 10 years, helping it to deliver consistent and top-quality IP services – both legal and technical. The firm’s professionals have the technical skills to interpret complex facts and the law with scientific expertise, and are committed to providing tailored services of the highest standard with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Lung Tin has responsive and efficient paralegals and assistants. Its professionals are supported by its well-trained paralegals and assistants who ensure prompt, precise and cost-effective delivery of work by using state-of-the-art equipment and a detail-oriented system for communication, product processing, docketing and billing.
How does Lung Tin earn clients’ trust?
- Reliability and success – this is what Lung Tin delivers to clients. Specifically, delivering value to clients with accuracy, consistency, speed, and reliability is of primary importance at Lung Tin, because Lung Tin’s success depends on its clients’ success. From individual inventors to multinational companies, its clients trust it to handle some of their most important assets: their intellectual property.
- Skillful and well prepared – this has helped the firm to win a high damages award under the current judicial practice in China in Bauerfeind AG v Zhejiang Steriger Sports Safety Co Ltd, in which client Bauerfeind AG won an important victory in the Beijing Second Intermediate People’s Court for design patent infringement.
- Strategic and technical – this ensures that the firm’s attorneys deliver satisfying results to clients. In In re Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Lung Tin’s client Hong Kong Polytechnic University prevailed on validity challenges in a series of invalidation proceedings against international and domestic companies.
- Persistent and sharp-minded – this ensures that the firm’s efforts are recognised. In Macy’s PLC v Trademark Review and Adjudication Board, the Beijing Intellectual Property Court upheld Lung Tin’s client Macy’s CHARTER CLUB mark, deemed its original equipment manufacturer (OEM) use as effective and actual in China, and rejected the Trademark Review and Adjudication Board’s decision. The IP Court’s decision is a rare and important one because it recognises that OEM use can prove actual use of a trademark in China in the context of non-use cancellations.
- Pioneering and talented – this helps the firm to achieve significant results. In Balanced Body Inc v Yongkang Elina Sports Equipment Co Ltd, Lung Tin represents Balanced Bode Inc as the plaintiff. The court affirmed that the defendant’s behaviour constituted a trademark infringement and ruled that it bore the responsibility for compensation of Rmb3 million, including reasonable expenses. This case was selected among the Supreme Court’s 2019 Top 10 Intellectual Property Cases by Chinese Courts.
Rankings and awards
- China Leading Law Firm by Chambers Asia-Pacific, 2020
- Recommended Firm for Patent Prosecution by the IAM Patent 1000, 2014 to 2020
- A Top Tier Firm for Patent Prosecution, Patent Litigation, Trademark Prosecution by Managing Intellectual Property, 2010 to 2020
- Trademark Prosecution Firm, Bronze by the WTR 1000, 2015 to 2020
- Four-star Patent Firm in China in 2016 by China IP News
- Outstanding IP Service Team in China by China Intellectual Property Magazine and China Daily, 2015 to 2019
- Top 10 Chinese Patent Firm by IPRdaily, 2016 and 2019
- Top 10 Chinese IP Firm by the Chief Legal Officer of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2018
- Top 10 Intellectual Property Litigation Law Firms for 2019-2020
- Top 10 Firm for China Patent Administrative Litigation in 2019 since 2017
Lung Tin Intellectual Property Agent Ltd
18th Floor Tower B Grand Place
No 5 Huizhong Road
- Hong Kong
- New York
- Xi’ an
Sample client list
- Koch Industries