LexOrbis is a highly specialised, market-leading IP boutique fielding a sizable team of 200 people, including nine partners and 90 attorneys. With offices in three strategic locations (Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru), LexOrbis is also among the fastest-growing IP firms in India. The firm acts as a one-stop shop and provides practical solutions and services relating to all IP and legal issues faced by technology companies, research institutions, universities, broadcasters, content developers and brand owners.
LexOrbis’s dedicated patent department offers expert advice on patent work, covering drafting, filing, prosecution and litigation. The firm enhanced the strength of its patent prosecution practice group in the past two years by hiring 30 experienced patent attorneys in its engineering and life science groups. In 2019-2020, our patent attorneys drafted over 1,300 new patent cases for inventions originating from India and filed 2,557 patent applications. The firm is also the exclusive IP service provider to India’s biggest public sector oil company Indian Oil Corporation Limited, and we handle foreign filing and prosecution of patent applications for the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, India’s nodal agency for public funded innovation. We also represent the Defence Research and Development Organisation of the government of India, the Department of Biotechnology, the Technology Information Forecasting and Assessment Council, the National Research Development Corporation and many other government institutions.
LexOrbis’s dedicated trademarks team is fully equipped to advise on trademark matters, including strategic advice on trademark applications and protection. Its thorough and comprehensive advice on trademark mandates is widely recognised.
LexOrbis stands out for its broad industry expertise. The team has developed particularly strong expertise and experience in the pharmaceutical, chemical, electronic, electrical, mechanic, biotech and IT sectors.
LexOrbis is highly recommended by other IP firms around the world. LexOrbis combines a high level of technical and legal expertise with tailored services, carefully adapted to each client’s specific needs.
LexOrbis is renowned for its expertise in negotiating and closing settlement agreements on behalf of its clients, thereby avoiding long and potentially costly litigation.
LexOrbis’s client portfolio encompasses leading global, international and local corporations, including key players in the US, European and Asian markets and a number of Fortune 500 companies.
LexOrbis draws its clients from a variety of sectors and the firm stands out for its impressive client roster in the pharmaceuticals, healthcare, fashion and luxury goods, consumer products, electronics, food and beverages, tobacco, software, biotechnology, electrical and engineering industries.
Selection of recent awards and recognitions
- India Business Law Journal – A List 2020: Manisha Singh listed among India’s Top Lawyers
- Asia IP 2020: LexOrbis recognised as India Patents Firm of the Year
- ALB Rising Stars India 2021: Joginder Singh named a Rising Star
- WTR 1000 – The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals 2021: LexOrbis recognised in the enforcement and litigation and prosecution and strategy categories
- Asia IP: Ms Singh and Abhai Pandey recognised among the Top 100 IP Experts in India
- IAM Patent 1000 2020: LexOrbis named a Recommended Firm
- IAM Patent 1000 2020: Ms Singh named a Recommended Individual
- Managing IP 2020: Ms Singh recognised as an IP Star for patent litigation, patent strategy and counselling
- India Business Law Journal’s Indian Law Firm Awards 2020: LexOrbis won the Intellectual Property Protection Award
- Legal Era-Legal Media Group 2020: LexOrbis recognised as Indian Patent Law Firm of the Year
709/710 Tolstoy House
15-17 Tolstoy Marg
New Delhi 110 001