IP March is a mid-size boutique firm that offers prosecution, litigation and consulting services related to IP law to domestic and overseas clients, which range from start-up companies to prestigious multinationals, many of them leaders in their respective industries.
Headquartered in Beijing, the firm employs high-calibre patent attorneys, trademark attorneys and attorneys at law with rich academic, industrial and professional experience. Many of the firm’s professionals have over 10 years of experience and are widely recognised as leading practitioners in IP law. Specifically, IP March currently has 11 partners, 22 patent attorneys, six patent engineers, eight trademark attorneys and five attorneys at law. All of IP March’s attorneys at law are dual qualified as patent attorneys, with technical backgrounds covering mechanical, electronics and biotechnology. In addition to mainland China, IP March’s services also cover the Greater China Region, including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan, through local agents.
- Search, drafting, prosecution and re-examination
- Invalidation and administrative litigation
- Infringement litigation and administrative enforcement
- Assignment and annuities
- Technology transfer
- International and domestic registration, renewal, assignment and licensing
- Re-examination, cancellation, opposition, dispute and administrative litigation
- Anti-counterfeiting, infringement litigation and administrative enforcement
- Registration and protection
- Registration, renewal, transfer and dispute resolution
Recordation and enforcement of rights at Customs
Integrated circuit layout designs
- Registration of layout design of integrated circuits
- Consultation and litigation related to trade secrets, trade dress and unfair competition
IP March’s patent attorneys work in most technical areas, including agrochemicals, mechanics, biology, pharmaceutics, medical devices, chemistry, chemical engineering, materials, metallurgy, electronics, communications, semiconductors, computer software and hardware, artificial intelligence, fintech and quantum computing.
IP March can provide services in multiple languages, including Chinese, English, Japanese, Korean, German and French. In particular, a good portion of IP March’s daily work is patent drafting in either Chinese or English.
Why choose IP March
- Smooth communication – In addition to in-depth understanding of Chinese laws, IP March attorneys have superior languages skills and knowledge of foreign cultures and practices, which enables them to bridge the cultural gap, precisely understand their clients’ intentions and advise them in a way that the clients can clearly understand. Smooth communication clearly makes IP March stand out from other Chinese IP firms.
- Focus on professional advice – IP March focuses on value-added services instead of acting as a mailstop. Providing high-quality professional advice is IP March’s core competitive advantage. In addition, IP March takes a proactive approach to advising clients so as to avoid unnecessary costs.
- Responsiveness, care and personal attention – IP March’s clients enjoy extremely responsive service. IP March attorneys apply the utmost care and personal attention to their work. Having many attorneys who once worked in-house in the industry, IP March thinks from its clients’ standpoint and understands their needs. Dedicated account managers coordinate the internal resources at the firm.
- Most stringent quality control – Quality work is IP March’s paramount consideration. IP March applies the most stringent quality control measures known in the profession. Each and every piece of work is reviewed by a partner of the firm. IP March’s top-notch quality and service are recognised by various awards bestowed by clients.