Gorodissky & Partners Ukraine
Gorodissky & Partners Ukraine is the largest and one of the leading firms in the field of intellectual property in Ukraine.
We find an effective solution to protect and enforce various IP subject matters, including inventions, trademarks, industrial designs, utility models, computer programs, databases, trade secrets, commercial names, works of science, literature and art. Our services cover the preparation of licensing, franchising and pledge agreements. Our attorneys and lawyers help our clients to conduct IP due diligence and represent them before commercial courts and courts of general jurisdiction, national and international arbitration forums and the Ukrainian PTO.
Over the past 19 years, Gorodissky & Partners Ukraine has registered more than 6,500 inventions, 6,700 trademarks and 500 industrial designs, proving its leadership in the Ukrainian IP market.
We have considerable experience in providing legal advice on IP portfolio management strategies to owners of patents, copyright, trademarks and other types of intellectual property.
We help our clients to create a solid legal base for their IP portfolio by registering key rights and removing all unnecessary assets; we also assist our clients in maintaining their rights in registered intellectual property by, for instance, renewing registrations. We offer all our clients creative approaches and unique strategies for acquiring, maintaining, implementing, transferring and protecting their IP rights.
Among our clients are large national and international companies, representatives of small and medium-sized enterprises, government organisations, academic and scientific institutions, universities, financial organisations and individuals.
In addition to their extensive prior experience working in research organisations and at the Ukrainian PTO, our specialists boast a knowledge of national and foreign IP legislation, prestigious higher education and an excellent command of English and other languages.
Thanks to our trustworthy network of associate firms, we can provide high-quality services in almost any country of the world.
Gorodissky & Partners Ukraine has repeatedly been recognised as one of the best patent and trademark law firms in Ukraine by Managing Intellectual Property.
Our patent and trademark attorneys and lawyers are members of the International Association for the Protection of Industrial Property, the International Trademark Association, the International Licensing Society, MARQUES, the All-Ukrainian Association of Patent Attorneys, the Lawyers of Ukraine, the National Association of Lawyers of Ukraine, the Union of Lawyers of Ukraine and the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Ukraine.
Gorodissky & Partners Ukraine has contributed to numerous foreign specialised publications on IP rights protection, including:
- Ukraine chapter, The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Pharmaceutical Advertising 2017, Global Legal Group Ltd, 2017;
- Ukraine chapter, The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Copyright 2018, Global Legal Group Ltd, 2017;
- Ukraine chapter, The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Trade Marks 2018, Global Legal Group Ltd, 2018;
- Ukraine chapter, The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Patents 2018, Global Legal Group Ltd, 2017;
- INTA Roundtable, “Tackling the counterfeiters”, WTR 67, 2017;
- Ukraine chapter, WTR Yearbook 2017/2018;
- “Patenting of inventions in Ukraine: Special aspects”, “Intellectual Property 2019”, informational business resource Corporatelivewire.com, 2019;
- Ukraine chapter, The Legal 500: Intellectual Property Country Comparative Guide, Legalease Ltd, 2017;
- Ukraine chapter, The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Franchise 2015-2018, Global Legal Group Ltd, 2014-2017;
- The Roundtable “Intellectual Property 2017”, informational business resource Corporatelivewire.com, 2017;
- “Computer software as an object of patent protection”, World Intellectual Property Review to: Patents 2017, Newton Media Ltd, 2017;
- “Ukraine Practice Update”, World Intellectual Property Review to: Patents 2016, Newton Media Ltd, 2016;
- Ukraine chapter, Manual IP – Kluwer Law International, Kluwer Law International, 2015-2016; and
- Ukraine chapter, Patent claim interpretation. Global edition, Thomson Reuters, 2010-2017.