Foridom IP Law Firm
Foridom is a full-service IP law firm based in Shanghai with more than 15 years of experience in the IP domain; the six senior partners lead teams whose practices focus on trademarks, patents, copyright, business secrets and unfair competition. Some 30 professionals are trademark and copyright agents, another 30 are patent agents and the remaining 10 are attorneys at law.
The Foridom patent team covers numerous industry sectors, from artificial intelligence, computer and software, communication engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and energy to chemicals, biologicals and pharmaceuticals.
The firm also relies on a solid network of IP law firms to provide worldwide services to its clients.
Foridom’s high-quality services have been recognised through numerous awards, including the following:
- Excellent Trademark Service Agency in China for eight consecutive years (China Trademark Association);
- Top Ten Excellent Trademark Service Agency for two consecutive years (Power-nation Intellectual Property Institute);
- Top Ten Excellent Team of China’s Intellectual Property Litigation, to Sophia Chen and her team (IP House);
- Top Ten Excellent of China’s Copyright Litigation, to Sophia Chen (Power-nation Intellectual Property Institute);
- Credit unit in 2016 and ranked in the top tier for eastern China (MIP);
- Star Agency (All-China Patent Attorneys Association).
- IP Consultant of Shanghai Xuhui District Government
- Patents – pre-filing/filing and prosecution of national patents, Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) applications, national phase openings for the PCT and patent operation.
- Trademarks – trademark searches, filings, challenges and response, priority claims, customs registration, monitoring trademark applications and infringement, trademark operation, and international applications via the Madrid System.
Our trademark expertise has been recognised with some of our partners being invited to participate in the legislative discussions by the Chinese government. Several members of the trademark team also frequently contribute to specialist publications, such as China IP News, China Trademark and Shanghai Intellectual Property.
- Copyright, business secrets and unfair competition.
- Litigation – trademark administrative proceedings, patent/trademark/copyright infringement litigation, patent invalidation and trademark invalidation.
An example of a successful litigation led by our team is obtaining Rmb32 million in damages for a client in a copyright case. The firm also boasts a high success rate in trademark administrative proceedings.
Foridom also provides IP training to many associations and companies.
The firm’s excellent services combined with a high-quality integrated system has won it the loyalty of many customers.
Foridom professionals are members of INTA, the China Trademark Association (Council Member), Shanghai Trademark Association (Executive Council Member) and the STMA and the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property. They attend some of these associations’ annual meeting, in particular INTA, and maintain excellent relationships with their international partners. This global network enables the firm to offer comprehensive patent and trademark strategies and solutions to its clients.
Other responsibilities and accolades
- Contributors to Patent and Intellectual Property Career from the State Intellectual Property Office
- Council Member of Eastern China Technology Transfer Centre
- Special Expert on Shanghai International Trade Intellectual Property Right Base of Overseas Protection Service
- Consultant Expert of Intellectual Property Judicial Accreditation Institute of Shanghai Science and Technology Advisory Service Centre
- Invited Researcher of Intellectual Property Application Research Centre of Shanghai University Law School
Foridom is also used as the practice base for the Tongji University Law School, Shanghai University Law School and Shanghai School of Political Science and Law.
Foridom IP Law Firm
NO 410 Guiping Road
Sample client list
- Alibaba Group Holding Limited
Other recommended individuals at this firm