Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto is dedicated to excellence in IP law.
Our work covers patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and all other forms of intellectual property. We provide the full spectrum of IP services and have a substantial track record in this field:
- Controversies – Fitzpatrick is one of the premier patent litigation practices in the United States. We represent clients in federal and state litigation and appeals, as well as arbitrations, proceedings before the International Trade Commission and post-grant challenges before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, including inter partes reviews.
- Licensing and transactional services – our services for clients include negotiating licences, providing opinions and due diligence in advance of acquisitions and other major transactions.
- Patent and trademark prosecution – for many years, Fitzpatrick has been a leader among New York-based firms in the prosecution and securing of patents.
We serve a diverse clientele, from global Fortune 500 companies to start-ups. In addition to advising many pharmaceutical clients, Fitzpatrick represents clients in a wide range of industries, including aerospace, automotive, biotechnology, chemicals, consumer goods, electronics, computers and software, energy, financial services, industrial equipment and manufacturing, marine, medical devices, nanotechnology, pharmaceuticals, semiconductors, telecommunications and networks.
While their industries differ, clients approach Fitzpatrick for similar reasons: they seek high-quality legal services on engagements with significant impact on their business.
Many of our lawyers bring advanced degrees or industry experience to the areas in which they practice; all of them bring superior legal qualifications. Our lawyers value diversity, share a commitment to pro bono service and seek to make positive contributions to the profession and our communities. Above all, our lawyers are committed to sustaining the culture of teamwork within Fitzpatrick that allows us to best serve our clients’ needs.
- ILO Client Choice Award (International Law Office, Client Choice Guide, 2017)
- Leading Law Firm USA – Patent Litigation (Leaders League, 2017 and 2016)
- Hatch-Waxman (Branded) Litigation Firm of the Year (LMG Life Sciences, 2016)
- Intellectual Property Boutique of the Year (Legal 500, 2015)
- Leading Bio Life Sciences National Law Firm (Managing Intellectual Property, 2015)
What others say
- “Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper and Scinto is singled out for its ‘consistently and reliably high quality level of service’.” (Legal 500, 2017)
- “Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper and Scinto is a high-class, detail-oriented and focused team that brings top-level expertise and focus to its clients. They are a joy to work with.”(Best Lawyers, 2017)
- “Fitzpatrick Cella is a top-notch firm. They have a seasoned litigation team who attack problems with insight, passion and experience. Their responsiveness and availability are second to none.” (Best Lawyers, 2017)
- “Excellent client-based approach.” (Managing Intellectual Property IP
- Expertise – we bring rigor and precision to the challenging work that we do on behalf of our clients. Our technical acumen and legal ability result in razor-sharp professional services in a multitude of industries. We are unrivalled in the complex world of intellectual property.
- Ingenuity – we have a dynamic team of deep thinkers and our clients depend on us to apply smart and resourceful solutions to real-world problems.
- Authenticity – we listen to our people and respect their opinions, bringing the best ideas to bear in the work that we do. We encourage honest and open dialogue among our attorneys and clients.
- Responsiveness – our clients’ business opportunities may be complex, but we make things happen. We have the mettle to take on this demanding work and execute fearlessly.
- Integrity – we play a critical role in helping clients safeguard their intellectual property so that they can be at the top of their competitive game. We consider this role a privilege and acknowledge that it requires aggressive, unrelenting commitment on our part.
Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
1290 Avenue of the Americas
New York NY 10104-3800
- Costa Mesa
- Washington DC
Sample client list
- Calvin Klein
- Canon Inc
- Gilead Pharmaceuticals