Chang Tsi & Partners
Chang Tsi & Partners has been guiding multinational companies with its expertise in Chinese law and business since 2002. Headquartered in Beijing, with branches in finance capital Shanghai and trade capital Guangzhou, other offices in Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Nanning, Taiwan and Korea, and two liaison partners in the United States, Chang Tsi & Partners has over 320 employees, including 210 lawyers in China and teams dedicated to Japan, Korea and Taiwan.
The guiding principle of Chang Tsi & Partners is to secure clients’ rights in a changing China. Chang Tsi & Partners is a Tier one law firm with a proven track record in intellectual property and dispute resolution. The firm provides the full scope of services from prosecution to litigation for patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and domain names. Chang Tsi & Partners has been recommended by the IAM Patent 1000 for both patent prosecution and enforcement for years. Amazon recognised Chang Tsi & Partners as the most “Up to Speed Quickly” outside counsel. Twitter awarded Chang Tsi & Partners the most “Out of the Box” law firm for our creative legal solutions.
- Chang Tsi & Partners has been ranked as a leading firm by Chambers Asia Pacific for several consecutive years and recommended as a “Top-Tier Intellectual Property Firm” by Legal 500 Asia Pacific, also for several consecutive years.
- Founding partner Spring Chang has been recognised by Chambers Asia Pacific as a Band 1 IP lawyer in China and awarded “Elite Practitioner ” in Intellectual property by Asialaw Profile.
- Managing partner Simon Tsi has been ranked as one of the top 15 litigators and top 15 IP lawyers by Asian Legal Business and listed in “The A-List 2018 China’s Top 100 Lawyers” by China Business Law Journal.
As a professional law firm with foreign-related intellectual property as its core practice, the firm’s business needs are facing the world. Along with the global economic integration, more and more foreign brands enter China and Chinese corporations begin their expansion into foreign markets, Chang Tsi & Partners has built a large pool of international clients ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 fortune companies in industries as diverse as aviation, mining, fashion and beauty, manufacturing (ITW, Ingersoll Rand, Honeywell, Britax ), electricity, and food and beverages.
Chang Tsi & Partners enjoys longstanding and close cooperation with hundreds of renowned law firms across the Asian-Pacific region, Europe and America. We have established partnerships with local offices in more than130 countries. This has enabled the firm to assist clients around the world in a timely and efficient manner.
Intellectual property is a core focus at Chang Tsi & Partners. The firm’s IP practice is distinguished by its significant patent, trademark, copyright and domain name victories in both contentious and non-contentious matters for leading international organisations. The firm provides comprehensive, one-stop, multi-level legal services.
Chang Tsi & Partners has a strong and growing patent practice and its skilled attorneys process all aspects of patent prosecution and enforcement, including invention patents, utility model patents, design patents, trade secrets, product packaging and decoration, plant varieties, integrated circuit layouts and patent management and transfers, as well as other patent-related matters, including unfair competition. Our attorneys have backgrounds in science, engineering and law. They are well qualified, having passed both the legal and the patent bar exams in China and overseas. Two of our patent practitioners passed the US Patent Bar exam.
Chang Tsi & Partners’ services include:
- consultation on patent prosecution and enforcement strategies;
- drafting, review and amendment of legal documents for patent assignment and licensing;
- patent searches and monitoring;
- patent applications for inventions, utility models and designs;
- re-examinations and invalidations;
- administrative litigation;
- customs recordal and training services;
- investigation of patent infringement, including evidence collection;
- patent infringement litigation;
- negotiation and other legal services relating to patent licensing and assignment;
- patent annuity payment and docketing services;
- patent opinions, including invalidity, non-infringement and freedom-to-operate opinions;
- legal services and negotiations on licensing and transfers; and
- design and implementation of global patent protection and licensing strategies.
Chang Tsi & Partners
Hundred Island Park
Bei Zhan Bei Jie
- Louisa Cheng, Marketing manager
- Hong Kong
Sample client list
- Air China
- Geely Auto
- Michael Kors
- Midea Group
- Mondelez International