BOEHMERT & BOEHMERT
BOEHMERT & BOEHMERT is one of the largest legal practices in Germany specialising in intellectual property.
Patent attorneys and attorneys at law work together in the fields of industrial property law, copyright and related fields. Patent attorneys at BOEHMERT & BOEHMERT deal with obtaining, defending and asserting patents, utility models and design patents, as well as advising on the composition and conclusion of licensing and cooperation agreements. They have expertise in all natural and engineering sciences, including mechanical and electrical engineering, material science, pharmaceutical and polymer chemistry, biochemistry, nanotechnology, semiconductors and software technology.
BOEHMERT & BOEHMERT’s client portfolio includes worldwide corporations and leading companies in Germany and abroad. BOEHMERT & BOEHMERT is internationally oriented and has at its disposal a network of tried and tested patent attorneys and IP lawyers across the whole world.
Main areas of practice
Patent law has been one of the key areas of activity for BOEHMERT & BOEHMERT for more than 80 years – ever since the firm’s establishment. Patent attorneys with a broad range of experience assist clients in the preparation of patent applications and design patent applications, as well as offering advice and consultation services in infringement cases and the creation of licensing agreements.
Our benchmark for success in our patent law work is the provision of solutions which meet our clients’ specific requirements while embracing their economic interests. BOEHMERT & BOEHMERT’s patent lawyers are active in all classic scientific and engineering disciplines. We also have specialists in many more modern disciplines, such as information technology, bio-information technology, biotechnology, environmental technology and news technology.
We focus on the acquisition, defence and assertion of patents, utility models and industrial designs, as well as on consulting services in relation to the drafting and conclusion of licence and cooperation agreements. We support companies in building up their patent administration processes and departments, as well as in questions of employee invention rights.
We represent our clients at the German Patent and Trademark Office, the European Patent Office, the German Federal Patent Court and the Federal Court of Justice. Our client portfolio includes large national and international companies, but also small and medium-sized enterprises which do not have their own patent department and therefore have specific requirements which need to be addressed.
Our patent law services cover all matters of patent and utility model law:
- We advise our clients in advance of any patent or utility model applications, devise patent strategies and conduct and evaluate prior art research.
- We assume responsibility for the preparation and submission of patent applications and steer these through the relevant official examination procedures nationally and abroad.
- We represent our clients in opposition proceedings, cancellation proceedings and patent infringement proceedings.
- We draw up expert reports on validity and infringement.
- We advise on any contractual matters, in particular licensing contracts, and generate, for example, non-disclosure agreements, cooperation agreements and licensing agreements – in each case taking into account antitrust regulations.
- We offer consultation to start-ups.
- We monitor and administer patents and patent applications.
- We offer all the services of an outsourced patent department, including comprehensive advice on matters relating to employee inventions.
- We assess patents.
Trademark law is also part of the firm’s core business. Our attorneys at law are involved in national and international organisations and are proven experts in the field. BOEHMERT & BOEHMERT continuously ranks among the German law firms with the most German and EU trademark applications. BOEHMERT & BOEHMERT’s advisory services cover the whole spectrum of trademark-related matters, with a specific emphasis on anti-counterfeiting measures and enforcement activities for a very broad client base.
BOEHMERT & BOEHMERT has a long tradition of practising copyright law. Our attorneys possess extensive experience and a high level of expertise in all advisory matters across diverse creative areas. The firm advises clients on all aspects of copyright, publishing and media law.
Further areas of specialisation include:
- patent litigation;
- IP licensing;
- design patents, utility models and employee inventions;
- press and personal rights law;
- competition and antitrust law; and
- IT, domain name and data protection law.
The firm has more than 85 patent attorneys and attorneys at law in total.
BOEHMERT & BOEHMERT
- Frankfurt am Main