Established in 1928, Boco IP is an award-winning, internationally operating IP firm that has offered confidential, personal and flexible service for more than 90 years.
The firm employs approximately 35 attorneys and IP specialists with deep technological expertise across a diverse range of technical fields. Clients include companies working in medicine, the chemical industry, information and communications technology and the metal, mining and paper industries. Boco IP’s clients have regular contact with an attorney at the firm who understands both the technical aspects of clients’ inventions and the commercial aspects of clients’ businesses.
The firm’s 360
- IP rights concept provides a comprehensive range of IP services designed to support every aspect of clients’ businesses, from drawing up IP strategies to assisting with innovation capture, protecting technologies or brands, defending existing IP or educating the client’s organisation.
As one of the longest-established IP firms in the Nordic countries, Boco IP has a long tradition of international collaboration and has created an extensive and trusted international network of patent attorneys.
The firm’s innovative atmosphere and care for its personnel have been key factors in its success. A good reputation as an employer continues to attract new, competent experts to the team. Boco IP has also been nominated six years in a row by the Great Place to Work Institute as one of the best places to work in Finland.
The firm’s core values influence its daily work:
- People-oriented – our work involves close contact with people – we genuinely care about our customers and their individual needs. The same of course also holds true for our own personnel. We are open and our operation is based on the respect of each person as an individual.
- Reliable – reliability is the cornerstone of all our activities. To us, reliability means commitment to our customers and ethical operation in all circumstances. We have longstanding relationships with many of our customers and we have been operating in the IP field for over 90 years.
- Versatility – Boco IP is a versatile expert in the IP field. Our longstanding experience has provided us with a profound insight into the field. We also invest in the continuous training of our personnel.
- Customer-focused – all of our operations are based on our clients’ needs; listening to the customer is the starting point for everything we do. We actively communicate with our customers and are also capable of great flexibility as the need arises.
Boco IP has a wide range of technological expertise in the following sectors and industries:
- biochemistry and biotech;
- computer science;
- energy (eg, wind and solar);
- food science;
- life sciences;
- mechanical engineering;
- medical devices;
- oil and gas;
- optical science;
- pulp and paper;
- recycling and waste management;
- sports equipment;
- telecoms; and
- water purification.
Our trademark professionals’ solid know-how of the EU trademark system, among others, enables us to offer assistance and services for trademark matters in the European Union. As professional representatives before the European Union Intellectual Property Office, we can assist with the prosecution of all EU trademark applications, as well as with oppositions, renewals and other EU trademark matters.
We assist our customers in both threatening and active IP rights disputes in Finland and other countries. We have longstanding and thorough experience in IP litigation and all related matters.
Boco IP offers other types of legal services, such as due diligence services and licensing. We also help our customers with cooperation agreements and subcontracting agreements. In addition, we assist our customers in company and technology acquisitions using our technical and legal know-how.
- Karri Leskinen, Managing director