Patent firm Boco IP is an internationally operating, Finnish service organisation specialising in IP rights.
Boco IP has a wide range of technological expertise in the following sectors and industries:
- biochemistry and biotech;
- computer science;
- energy (eg, wind and solar);
- food science;
- life sciences;
- mechanical engineering;
- medical devices;
- oil and gas;
- optical science;
- pulp and paper;
- recycling and waste management;
- sports equipment;
- telecoms; and
- water purification.
Boco IP’s customers have regular contact with an attorney who understands both the technological and commercial aspects of the client’s invention. Boco IP employs approximately 35 attorneys and IP specialists. Half of the firm’s customers are domestic clients from companies ranging from start-ups to large corporations.
Boco IP has developed a unique ‘IPR 360 concept’ – a comprehensive range of IP rights services designed to support every aspect of its customers’ operations, including strategic line drawing, assisting innovations, protecting technologies and brands, defending existing IP rights and educating the client’s organisation. Boco IP’s services include IP strategy planning and implementation, as well as patent and patent portfolio valuation.
Founded in 1928 Boco IP has a long tradition of international collaboration. The firm has also developed an extensive international network of patent attorneys based on confidential relationships and offers a wide range of services, particularly concerning patents, trademarks and design rights in Europe. It has strong expertise in opposition proceedings and litigations.
An innovative atmosphere and care for its personnel have been key factors in the firm's success, while its good reputation as an employer has continued to attract new, competent experts. Boco IP has also been acknowledged as one of the best places to work in Finland.
Boco IP constantly develops its expertise and actively influences the development of the IP rights field. It participates in the activities of various organisations and its experts give lectures at seminars and universities, contributing to the development of IP rights knowledge.
Boco IP’s aim is to be a strategic partner for its customers by increasing their competitive strength and safeguarding their unique know-how. Its special wish is to support its customers whose technologies and services can increase the well-being of humanity and the environment, thus participating in building a society according to the principles of sustainable development.
Our values influence our daily work:
- Humane – Boco IP works closely with people. It genuinely cares about its customers and personnel and their needs. Boco IP is open and operates on the basis of respect for each individual.
- Reliable – reliability is the cornerstone of all Boco IP activities, resulting in commitment to clients and ethical operation in all circumstances.
- Versatile expert – Boco IP is versatile. Its many IP rights experts have longstanding experience and provide a profound insight into the field. It also invests in the continuous training of its personnel.
- Customer-oriented – all of Boco IP’s operations are based on the needs of the customer; listening to the customer is the starting point of all its services. The firm actively communicates with its customers and is capable of great flexibility as the need arises.
- Karri Leskinen, Managing director