Basham, Ringe y Correa SC
Basham, Ringe y Correa SC is recommended in Chambers Latin America – Clients Guide, 2018 as a leading firm in intellectual property, competition and antitrust, corporate mergers and acquisitions, energy and natural resources, labour and employment, real estate and tax.
Basham is proud to be considered one of the largest, leading, international full-service law firms in Latin America. Established in Mexico in 1912, Basham draws on more than 100 years’ experience in assisting its clients to conduct business throughout Mexico. The firm’s clients include financial institutions, individuals, medium-sized companies and prominent international corporations, such as the Ericsson, Nissan, Sony, Nippon Steel, The Coca-Cola Company, Canon, Volvo, Celgene and Macrogenics.
The firm’s large group of lawyers and support staff are committed to maintaining the highest professional and ethical standards. Deep knowledge of the international legal system stems not only from regular cross-border work, but also from the fact that many of Basham’s lawyers and other professionals have completed graduate studies at foreign universities and have worked at companies and law firms abroad.
Basham’s preventive and strategic consulting in all types of law allows the firm to offer its clients effective, complete and timely solutions to their concerns.
The firm’s in-depth knowledge and insight into international and domestic markets – including economic trends and current affairs – give the firm a solid base and perspective to offer fully integrated and tailored solutions to every client. It is because of these qualities and values that its clients have continued to entrust their legal affairs to Basham over the years.
The firm’s lawyers actively participate in worldwide associations and international transactions, something which has promoted the exchange of information and experience. This in turn improves the firm’s growing capacity to serve its clients by constantly adjusting to the dynamics of the global business environment. Basham is aware that each client requires objective counselling, experience, professionalism and trustworthy people. The firm’s lawyers are well-known leaders in their respective specialist fields and are committed to providing legal services with the highest standards of quality.
The firm’s IP practice is represented by the following partners: Martín Michaus (litigation, trademarks, domain names and arbitration disputes), Eduardo Kleinberg (trademarks, licensing practices and franchising), Adolfo Athié (patent and trademark litigation and privacy and data protection, including litigation), Claudio Ulloa as a patent attorney (patents, utility models, industrial designs prosecution, aerospace, technology transfer and innovation capital), Jorge Vega (trademarks and copyright), Juan Carlos Hernández (trademarks, copyright, domain names and new technologies) and Eduardo Castañeda (intellectual and industrial property, entertainment law and administrative litigation).
The firm actively encourages the participation of all its lawyers and encourages entrepreneurs, innovators and incubators to achieve their creation and training, in pro bono work for charities and non-profit organisations, among others. For this, the firm has created the Basham, Ringe and Correa Foundation.
Basham’s recent recognitions include:
- Silver award for Best Latin American Law Firm, in the corporate category, at the International Legal Alliance Summit awards (2018 and 2019);
- Silver award (2019) and gold award (2018) for Best Latin American IP Firm at the International Legal Alliance Summit awards;
- Firm of the Year in Mexico, Who’s Who Legal (2007–2019);
- Intellectual Property Law Firm of the Year, Best Lawyers (2018);
- Tier-one ranking for tax controversy in International Tax Review;
- Client Service Award, Chambers Latin America (2014);
- Gold award (2010, 2012 and 2015–2017) and silver award (2008, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016 and 2017) for Best Mexican Firm at the International Legal Alliance Summit awards;
- Silver award for Best Mexican IP Firm, Leaders League (2016 and 2017);
- Mexico Tax Disputes Firm of the Year, International Tax Review (2010–2013);
- Mexico Patent Firm of the Year, Managing Intellectual Property (2016); and
- Pro Bono Leading Light Award from Latin Lawyer magazine three times between 2013 and 2019.
Spanish, English, French, Portuguese and Chinese.
Basham, Ringe y Correa SC
Paseo de los Tamarindos 400 A
Bosques de Las Lomas
Mexico City DF 05120
Sample client list
- Nippon Steel
- The Coca-Cola Company