AWA is a leading consultancy firm in intellectual property with 300 employees across 16 offices in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, China and Hong Kong. Our clients are innovative companies, ranging from local start-ups to global giants. No matter the size or industry, we help our clients create business out of their ideas and innovations.
AWA was founded in 1897 by the Swedish engineer Anders Wilhelm Anderson. His initials form our company name and remind us of our proud history.
We provide a full-service offering in prosecution, dispute litigation, aftermarket services, legal advice, strategy and commercialisation. Our 180 patent attorneys, attorneys at law and other IP professionals are experts in IP strategy and patents, trademarks, designs, copyright and domain names.
We strive to make the most and best of our clients' intellectual property. Intellectual property is a fast-moving business and we realise the need to keep up to date in order to maintain our presence as an industry leader. We focus a lot of our efforts on training, knowledge and experience exchange.
AWA takes pride in mirroring the rich diversity of the marketplace in which it operates. We know that being a diverse firm only makes us stronger and that is why we welcome individuals from all kinds of different backgrounds.
Our IP expertise supports the companies of today in building the prosperity of tomorrow. Clients need a creative and flexible IP partner to flourish in a changing world. We help clients to get the most out of their ideas by creating new long-term business opportunities.
We are our clients’ IP champion and we fight on their behalf. We are their best partner but also their toughest opponent. We are devoted and never stop finding surprising new ways to make clients more successful.
We will be the first choice in intellectual property for clients and dedicated people everywhere by developing the market – together.
Part of the AWA Group, AWA Asia stands for a strong value proposition that consists of an East-meets-West approach with a bilingual and bicultural team of IP professionals.
AWA Asia’s head office is in Hong Kong, a location known for its successful business environment, world-class infrastructure and effective legal system. AWA Asia has direct filing capabilities before the Hong Kong Intellectual Property Department. Our Beijing office is also a licensed trademark agency, allowing us to file and enforce trademarks directly before the China Trademark Office and the administrative authorities. Our Beijing team also provides a full range of patent services.
Our team of Chinese-qualified trademark and patent attorneys have the technical knowledge and experience to support and manage our clients' IP needs through China’s multifaceted legal environment.
Specialist areas for the AWA Group
- Telecommunications – clients include several of the world’s leading telecommunications corporations, both technology developers and network equipment and consumer product manufacturers.
- Nanotechnology – from drug delivery systems to new materials and components for electronics, physics and chemistry, our specialists can handle the challenges of patenting in this growing field.
- Life sciences – our life sciences and chemistry specialists assist an array of companies, ranging from pharmaceutical corporations with sales in over 100 countries to research companies seeking venture capital.
- Cleantech – we are proud to support many clients which are developing technologies that will keep our planet healthy for generations to come, from power generation to fuels and energy-efficient lighting.
- Consumer brands – we advise the owners of a number of the world’s 500 most valuable consumer brands in industries such as fashion, household appliances, consumer electronics, pharmaceuticals and food.
ADIPA, AIPPI, APAA, ECTA, epi, FICPI, INTA, The Lawyer Network, LES Scandinavia, MARQUES, SEPAF, Union
Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese), Danish, English, French, German, Norwegian, Swedish
Malmo 200 71
- Hong Kong
Sample client list
- ABB Group
- Axis Communications
- Bang & Olufsen