New free-to-view life sciences resource now available
IAM is pleased to announce the release of IAM Life Sciences: Key issues for senior life sciences executives 2022.
Life sciences organisations, perhaps more than innovators in any other sector, depend on the effective management of IP to protect their investments and maximise the value of their inventions. An understanding of how to acquire, enforce and commercialise patents is strategically crucial for multinational pharma companies, biotech start-ups and academic institutions alike.
The resource is therefore designed to provide senior life sciences executives with a deeper understanding of the strategic and legal IP challenges that they face around the world – and how to overcome them. It aims to help them better protect, enforce and monetise the IP rights that are so crucial to their business.
Written by legal experts from around the world, this year’s guide offers insight into current burning issues, provides practical tips and takeaways for the management of IP, and strategic pointers on what to expect from the Unified Patent Court. Chapters include:
- Why brand-name pharmaceuticals should look to China’s patent linkage system
- Tips and tricks on how to obtain patent protection for polymorphs
- Protecting second medical use inventions in Europe
- Written description: a death knell to genus claims in biotechnology
- Winning IP strategies for small and medium-sized biotechs
- From academy to industry: China’s new trend and policies on academic technology transfer
- How to successfully protect antibodies at the EPO
- Legal and strategic questions surrounding biologic and biosimilar litigation
- Unified Patent Court: an introduction for life sciences companies
- Unified Patent Court: strategic considerations for life sciences companies
We are grateful to all the authors of the chapters in the 2022 guide for sharing their expertise.
IAM Life Sciences: Key issues for senior life sciences executives 2022 is available here.