IPBC Global all set to return as an in-person event in 2021
With input from an advisory board of senior IP leaders, this year’s IPBC Global in Seattle will have a cutting-edge programme of sessions and a wide variety of networking opportunities
After a covid-induced year away, plans to hold IPBC Global as a physical event in 2021 are now in full swing. The congress is set to take place at the Hyatt Regency in Seattle from 14th to 16th November and will bring the world’s IP business leaders back together again with a cutting-edge selection of sessions, as well as unparalleled networking opportunities.
Working with a specially assembled team of highly-respected IP decision-makers, IAM has completely reworked the scope and shape of the event’s programme to ensure its focus on the issues that really matter and to enable deeper discussions of key topics. Many thanks to our advisory board members for all their suggestions and feedback:
- Gillian Thackray, Vice President and Chief IP Counsel, Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Andreas Iwerbäck, Director, Group Technology and IP Intelligence, Husqvarna Group
- Charles Clark, Director, IP, Centrica
- Jennifer H Burdman, Vice President, Head, IP, Valo Health
- Raymond Hegarty, Chief Executive Officer, IntaVal
- Eeva Hakoranta, Chief Licensing Officer, InterDigital
- Dan McCurdy, CEO, RPX
- Judy Yee, Assistant General Counsel, Patents, Microsoft
- Laura Gisler, Head, IP, Polestar
- Monica Magnusson, Vice President, IPR Policy, Ericsson
- Jako Eleveld, Head, IP Licensing, Philips
- Bill LaFontaine, General Manager, IP, IBM
Among the special features of IPBC 2021 will be:
- Roundtable discussions and IPBC think tanks: Pre-register for informal, small-group interactive networking discussions allowing for the exchange of ideas, best practices and experiences across a number of topic areas.
- Focus on networking: After 18 months apart, we are extending networking opportunities to allow delegates more time to reconnect in person with old contacts and to make new ones.
- Lessons in IP leadership forum: Hear from IAM’s Market Makers, IP Hall of Fame inductees and Academy members on how they built their careers and learned to lead teams to success, as well as the lessons that they learned from the covid-19 pandemic, the future of IP value creation, and recruiting and retaining top talent.
- 1-2-1 business booster networking: Take conversation further with key individuals in IP, book 1-2-1 meetings in the IPBC Business Booster Lounge.
IPBC Global will be adopting the All Secure Standard so that attendees can do business effectively and network with their peers safely.
The All Secure Standard has been developed collaboratively by a group including industry associations, UFO, AEO and SISO, event organisers, a range of event venues, suppliers and with input from health, government and local authorities.
Registration for IPBC Global is risk free - Should the event not take place, registration fees will be fully refundable.
As in previous years, a strict quota system is in place, with limits on attendance applying to individuals working in certain categories of organisation. The IP service provider limit has already been reached, but there are still some spaces left for private practice lawyers and attorneys, as well as NPE executives. There is no quota for corporate IP professionals.
To ensure IPBC Global is in your calendar and your place is reserved – book your place risk free with confidence now.