IAM's first event for senior executives in the pharma and biotech sectors takes place in Munich this November
Senior corporate IP experts, litigation specialists and patent counsel will convene for Pharma and Biotech IP Summit in Munich on 3rd November 2016 to explore, compare and create strategies that designed to maximise the value of their intellectual property, drive growth and support innovation.
This event – IAM’s first specifically designed for the life sciences industries - will provide an important opportunity to network with leading industry experts from across Europe and the United States. We will offer real-world analysis of how to respond to changes in the legal landscape and insight into strategies and operational efficiencies that will help those operating in pharma and biotech to create, nurture and protect one of the most valuable, yet vulnerable company assets: intellectual property.
Some of the highlights from our packed programme include:
- Jürgen Dressel, head of global patent litigation strategy at Novartis, will present key considerations for planning a future IP strategy – find out how to construct and IP portfolio to protect the company’s IP rights and maximise value
- Senior representatives from Novartis, Lundbeck, and Valneva will discuss how Brexit will affect the European patent procurement and enforcement strategies of life sciences companies.
- Sven Bostyn, chair of the European Commission’s expert group on patent law, biotechnology and genetic engineering, will discuss biosimilar litigation and its impact on IP strategy.
- Mereo Biopharma’s head of IP Fiona Bor and MorphoSys’s associate director of IP Stephan Spiller will review lessons learned from the Lyrica dispute – consequences and implications for second medical use inventions
- And plenty more – keep up with developments via our website