Richard D Boadway - River Ventures Inc
Richard D Boadway has had a 40-year career in technology development, financing and monetisation. With the successful sale of Longitude Licensing Limited in June 2016, he relinquished his CEO position with the Irish private equity-backed patent assertion entity formed to license a portfolio of 6,000 patents. Mr Boadway has now returned to Canada and River Ventures Inc, where he has served as CEO for over 10 years. His experience spans the following executive engagements:
- As CEO of River Ventures Inc, Mr Boadway has sold IP assets, run M&A programmes, mentored executives, facilitated a public IP company’s strategic planning process, raised debt and equity moneys and served on four boards, including chairing the public company, LW Capital Pool Inc, which merged with Canopy Growth and is valued at $5 billion (TSX:WEED).
- He spent two years as vice president, patent brokerage with TechInsights Inc. During this period, the group profitably grew its revenues fivefold and its range of offerings broadened to include buy-side mandates and the support of corporate asset management programmes.
- He spent 10 years as chief financial officer (CFO) of MOSAID Technologies Inc, a public semiconductor IP company, including serving as a board member. During this period, MOSAID radically changed its business model and created, bought and sold a number of businesses. Mr Boadway left MOSAID following the completion of the best annual financial performance in its 30-year corporate life.
- He spent six years as CFO and then president of Megalith Technologies Inc, a software company.
- He also has previous experience in operations, as CFO and president of an engineering company, as well as in venture capital, management consulting and brokerage and investment banking.
- In terms of charitable endeavours, he has served on the boards of mental illness, educational and community foundation charities and teaches meditation to inmates in a number of prisons.
Mr Boadway is a professional engineer and holds the ICD.D designation. He is a graduate of Queen’s University, where he earned a BSc in engineering and an MBA.
- Professional Engineers of Ontario
- IP management consultancy
Search IAM Strategy 300
Register for more free content
- Read more IAM blogs and articles
- Receive the editor's weekly review by email