Richard D Boadway - Longitude Licensing Limited
Richard Boadway has had a 35-year career in the areas of technology development, financing and monetisation. He is CEO of Longitude Licensing Limited, an Irish private equity-backed company formed to license a portfolio of 6,000 patents. Mr Boadway has served as a senior executive in the following businesses:
- He spent six years as CEO of River Ventures Inc. During this period, Mr Boadway sold IP assets, ran a number of M&A programmes, mentored senior executives, facilitated a public patent assertion entity’s strategic planning process, raised debt and equity moneys and served on three boards, including chairing a public company, LW Capital Pool Inc.
- He spent two years as vice president, patent brokerage with UBM TechInsights Inc. During this period, the group profitably grew its revenues fivefold; its range of offerings broadened to include buy-side mandates and the support of corporate asset management programmes; and the brokerage business was developed into a mature, professional practice.
- He spent 10 years as chief financial officer (CFO) of MOSAID Technologies Inc, a semiconductor IP company. Responsibilities at various times included oversight of the finance, IT, communications, facilities and administration, human resources and legal functions, as well as serving as a board member. During this period, MOSAID raised over $70 million in the public markets, radically changed its business model and created, bought and sold a number of businesses. Mr Boadway left MOSAID following completion of the best annual financial performance in its 30-year corporate life.
- He spent six years as CFO and then president of Megalith Technologies Inc, a software company. During this period, the company developed from a service-oriented value-added reseller to a product development and licensing company.
- He also has earlier experience in operations, as CFO and president of an engineering company; and in venture capital, management consulting and brokerage/investment banking.
Mr Boadway is a professional engineer and holds the ICD.D designation. He is a graduate of Queen’s University, where he earned a BSc in engineering and an MBA.
- Professional Engineers of Ontario
- IP management consultancy
Register for more free content
- Read more IAM blogs and articles
- Receive the editor's weekly review by email