Anthony Trippe - Patinformatics LLC
Anthony Trippe is managing director of Patinformatics, LLC – a leading, full-service advisory firm specialising in patent analytics and landscaping to support decision making for technology-based businesses. Patinformatics provides strategic insights that support technology leaders in making better-informed decisions due to the firm’s focus on addressing specific technical issues, and business-centred discussion of patent trends and analysis.
In addition to operating Patinformatics, Mr Trippe is an adjunct professor of IP management and markets at the Illinois Institute of Technology, teaching a course on patent analysis and landscapes for strategic decision making. Mr Trippe is an influential thought leader in patent analysis and a sought-after speaker. He has been invited to speak at conferences organised by the European Patent Office, the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO), the State Intellectual Property Office of China, the Korean Intellectual Property Office and the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore.
Mr Trippe authored the Guidelines for the Preparation of Patent Landscape Reports for WIPO, which was downloaded more than 27,000 times in its first year of availability. He has authored or contributed to IP-related articles that have appeared in IAM, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, The Washington Post and more than a dozen additional sources. He is also the author of the popular Patinformatics blog.
Mr Trippe has worked for a variety of organisations in a number of roles, including:
- Procter & Gamble, where he was responsible for evangelising the use of patent analytics for business decisions;
- Aurigin Systems, where he travelled the world working with companies of all sizes to use patent analytics for competitive advantage;
- Chemical Abstracts Service, where he was the principle architect behind the development of Analyze Plus, STN AnaVist and SubScape for SciFinder; and
- 3LP Advisors, where he developed methods for analysing and valuing patent documents and portfolios.
- IP management consultancy
- Technology transfer
565 Metro Place South
Dublin OH 43017
Welcoming ‘the innovator’s dilemma’ to patent committees
IAM magazine issue 64
Many organisations struggle to make the most of disruptive innovation emerging from their R&D functions. Patent committees can ensure that potentially game-changing inventions do not slip through the net
Search IAM Strategy 300
Register for more free content
- Read more IAM blogs and articles
- Receive the editor's weekly review by email