G&A Glazberg, Applebaum & Co Advocates & Patent Attorneys is an IP boutique law firm which maintains unique expertise in drafting patent applications, filing for trademarks and designs, and litigating in complex disputes such as patent infringement lawsuits, trademark and design violation actions, and trade secret misappropriation.
The combination of outstanding comprehensive legal services and a deep technological knowledge (specifically in the high-tech field) enables the firm to provide its clients with added value and to locate the optimal solutions for their needs. The firm is renowned for its professional excellence in representations before the court regarding various legal matters, while maintaining an extensive strategic outlook designed to achieve the clients’ goals. The firm is acknowledged by national and international law guides as one of the prominent firms in Israel in the field of intellectual property, specifically in the field of patents. In 2015 the firm was chosen as a leading firm in intellectual property by the Legal 500, Chambers and Partners and IP Stars.
The firm's staff follow legal and technological developments with a commitment to learning. The team thoroughly examines every case, based on the understanding that the law and technology constantly undergo changes. The firm believes that only professional implementation and application of theoretical knowledge create an ideal outcome for its clients. The team insists on providing each client with personal legal services, while maintaining a pre-defined schedule and budget, and always considers the clients’ goals as its own.
Intellectual property is at the core of the firm’s activity. The firm offers a variety of services, including:
- patent, trademark and design procurement in Israel and internationally;
- IP-related dispute management in Israel, including copyright infringement, trade secret misappropriation, enforcement of registered IP rights (patents, trademarks and designs), oppositions and cancellation proceedings (patents, trademarks and designs);
- disputes relating to domain names, including Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy and ‘.il’ dispute resolution;
- negotiation management and licence agreement drafting regarding intellectual property; and
- advising on the permitted use of open-code software.
The firm registers patents, trademarks and designs in Israel and worldwide, and enforces IP protection in Israel and overseas through foreign colleagues. The firm renders the best possible protection available to its clients, in order to protect their core intellectual property and obtain IP assets through meticulous and cautious planning.
The firm believes that the patent field requires a deep technological understanding and a comprehensive perception of this unique legal tool, including understanding the changing distinctive needs throughout the patent and technology’s lifespan. Thus, the firm maintains high standards of expertise and strives to understand each client’s technology, while constantly examining their needs. The firm assists its clients by:
- drafting and submitting patent applications to various patent institutions worldwide;
- managing patent prosecutions in regard to the Israeli patent authority and foreign patent offices;
- managing and developing patent portfolios;
- managing legal disputes regarding patents, including oppositions and cancellation proceedings and enforcement;
- managing legal disputes regarding inventors’ rights, including compensation and remuneration for service inventions; and
- drafting legal opinions, including freedom-to-operate, patent validity and infringement opinions.
Registration of trademarks
The firm understands each client’s commercial and branding needs in the specific market in which it operates. This understanding and close cooperation with the client enable the firm to identify which brands the client has an essential interest in protecting, both in Israel and internationally. This identification – combined with a profound understanding of the law and the possibilities that it renders – enables the firm to take strategic moves for its clients regarding trademarks and enforcement.
The firm believes that managing clients’ affairs in court is a complex art which requires a profound familiarity with the law, as well as a practical understanding of the proceedings’ subtleties. The firm prides itself on an extensive understanding of the law and its rules, as well as the theoretical concepts on which these rest. For this reason, the team constantly follows and studies the law and its developments. The firm believes that combining theory with the client’s needs – in the practical realm of proceedings management – is key to managing the procedure optimally.
3 HaYetzira Street
Ramat Gan 5252141
Ziv Glazberg, Partner
Nadav Applebaum, Partner
Sample client list
- Conduit (Como)
- Cyber 2.0
- Lifetime Brands
- Shamir Optical
- Tadiran Telecom
Recommended individuals at this firm
Register for more free content
- Read more IAM blogs and articles
- Receive the editor's weekly review by email