Dr Helen G Papaconstantinou and Partners (HP&P) is one of the oldest and largest IP law firms in Greece, and broadly recognised as the leading boutique in the country.
HP&P was established as a law firm in October 2015, evolving from the law offices of Dr P D Theodorides, Dr H G Papaconstantinou (established in 1920) and Dr Helen G Papaconstantinou, John V Filias and Associates. The firm’s partners are Dr Helen G Papaconstantinou (managing partner), Eva Yazitzoglou, Miranda Theodoridou, Maria Athanassiadou and Fotini Kardiopoulis. The firm’s managing consultant is John Filias.
HP&P is registered in the Athens Bar Association and is a member of the Greek Association of Law Firms.
With 14 fully qualified lawyers and 20 paralegals and support staff, HP&P provides legal and administrative services of excellent quality. All of the firm’s attorneys are members of the Athens Bar Association and most are admitted to practice before the Supreme Court and the Council of State; three of them are European patent attorneys. They are all active members of various international associations, including the European Patent Institute, the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys, the International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys, the Chartered Institute of Trademark Attorneys, the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property, the International Trademark Association (INTA), the European Communities Trademark Association, the Pharmaceutical Trademarks Group, MARQUES and UNION. The firm regularly contributes to important and internationally recognised IP resources such as World Trademark Review, IAM, Wolters Kluwer’s Manual IP, Katzarov’s Manual on Industrial Property and several INTA resources.
HP&P is proud of its IP specialist teams, which not only have high levels of experience and expertise, but can also adapt efficiently to the new demands arising in both the traditional IP sectors (eg, trademarks, patents and copyright) and emerging IP fields (eg, anti-counterfeiting, domain names and alternative dispute resolution).
The firm closely collaborates with 40 highly experienced technical counsellors in all scientific fields (eg, physics, chemistry, biochemistry, biology and electrical, electronic, chemical and mechanical engineering). They are competent translators and also regularly provide consulting services of the highest quality, based on their technical expertise in all IP sectors.
Throughout the firm’s many years of activity, longstanding, invaluable collaborations with hundreds of highly reputable firms around the world have been established, enabling HP&P to represent some of the most important companies worldwide – either directly or through their legal agents – building on a solid basis of mutual benefit.
Our client base covers a broad spectrum, including businesses in all industries and sectors. Clients range from large international companies and market leaders to small local businesses, represented either directly by us or indirectly through trademark and patent agents and practices all over the world.
HP&P serves its foreign clients in English, French, German, Spanish and Italian.
- National, EU and international trademarks
- National and European patents, Patent Cooperation Treaty applications, European patent validations, utility models, supplementary protection certificates and plant variety rights
- National, EU and international designs
- Geographical indications and designations of origin
- Copyright and protection of artistic works
- Exploitation of IP rights and licensing
- Due diligence searches and related consultancy and monitoring
- Litigation involving all aspects of IP law
- IP consultancy
- Anti-piracy, anti-counterfeiting, customs monitoring and border measures
- Trade secrets
- Domain names
- Alternative dispute resolution and mediation
- Internet law and electronic forms of payment
- Online contracts and services
- Advertising and consumer protection law
HP&P is consistently ranked among the top IP law firms in Greece by international legal directories and associations. Indicatively, the most recent recognitions include:
- WIPR Leaders 2018;
- Managing Intellectual Property’s IP Stars – top-tier firm (patents and trademarks), 2016 to 2018; Dr Papaconstantinou named one of the Top 250 Women in Intellectual Property, 2017;
- Legal 500 – top-tier rankings in intellectual property, 2016 and 2017;
- WTR 1000 – listed among the world’s leading trademark professionals (Gold ranking and recommended firm; recommended individual: Dr Papaconstantinou), 2016 to 2018;
- IAM Patent 1000 – listed among the world’s leading patent practitioners, 2016 and 2017; and
- Corporate INTL – IP Litigation Law Firm of the Year in Greece, 2016 to 2018.
HP&P has been certified according to the International Organisation for Standardisation.
2 Coumbari Street
Maria Athanassiadou, Partner
Recommended individuals at this firm
Register for more free content
- Read more IAM blogs and articles
- Receive the editor's weekly review by email