Founded in 1994, Lung Tin Intellectual Property Agent Ltd – one of the first Chinese IP firms approved by the government to represent international clients in China – is headquartered in Beijing, with branch offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Xi’an and Shenyang and representative offices in Osaka and New York. Since its establishment, Lung Tin has grown into a prominent full-service IP firm, with a network of strategic alliances worldwide to provide clients with global IP services.
The firm currently has approximately 160 attorneys out of 270 staff members. About one-third of its staff members have advanced degrees and about two-thirds use English as their working language. In addition, many are fluent in Japanese, Korean, German and French.
What makes Lung Tin different?
Commitment and dedication – this is what Lung Tin shows to its clients and to its people. Lung Tin is a quality-focused IP firm and is distinct from other firms and agencies:
- Lung Tin has experienced and confident professionals. Its key professionals have been with Lung Tin for more than 10 years, helping it to deliver consistent and top-quality IP services – both legal and technical. Its professionals have the technical skills to interpret complex facts and the law with scientific expertise, and are committed to providing tailored services of the highest standard with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Lung Tin has responsive and efficient paralegals and assistants. Its professionals are well supported by its well-trained paralegals and assistants who ensure prompt, precise and cost-effective delivery of work by using state-of-the-art equipment and a details-oriented system for communication, product processing, docketing and billing.
How does Lung Tin earn clients’ trust?
Reliability and success – this is what Lung Tin delivers to clients. Specifically, delivering value to clients with accuracy, consistency, speed and reliability is of primary importance at Lung Tin, because Lung Tin’s success depends on its clients’ success. From individual inventors to multinational companies, its clients trust it to handle some of their most important assets – their intellectual property.
A range of qualities helped Lung Tin to succeed in various cases in 2015. For example, it is:
- skilful and well prepared – which helped it to win a high damages award under the current judicial practice in China in Bauerfeind AG v Zhejiang Steriger Sports Safety Co Ltd, in which client Bauerfeind AG won an important victory in the Beijing Second Intermediate People’s Court for design patent infringement;
- strategic and technical – which ensures its attorneys deliver satisfying results to clients. In In re Hong Kong Polytechnic University Lung Tin’s client Hong Kong Polytechnic University prevailed on validity challenges in a series of invalidation proceedings against international and domestic companies;
- persistent and sharp minded – which ensures its attorneys’ efforts are recognised. In Tristel PLC v TRAB the Beijing High People’s Court upheld the lower court’s decision that Lung Tin’s client Tristel PLC’s mark STELLA was registrable. This case was listed as one of the 22 notable cases of 2015 by the China Trademark Association; and
- pioneering and talented – which helps it to achieve significant results. In Shanghai Pafuluo Stationery Co Ltd v Shanghai Art Imagine Stationery Co Lung Tin’s client Shanghai Pafuluo Stationery Co Ltd won a second-instance victory in the Shanghai IP Court for copyright infringement. The Shanghai IP Court and the Supreme People’s Court credited this case as a top 10 case for 2015.
How is Lung Tin doing well by doing good?
Lung Tin is determined to serve its local communities. It believes its contribution will make a difference to these communities as well as wider society. Since 1998, Lung Tin has provided IP fellowships to aid financially in-need students and IP awards to honour academically outstanding students at the Renmin University of China Law School.
Rankings and awards
- Recommended Firm for Patent Prosecution (2016), IAM Patent 1000
- Trademark Prosecution Firm, Bronze (2016), World Trademark Review 1000
- Outstanding IP Service Team in China (2015-2016), China Intellectual Property Magazine and China Daily
- Recommended Firm for Patent Prosecution, Patent Litigation, Trademark Prosecution (2015), Managing Intellectual Property
- Preferred Trademark Agency (2015), China Trademark Association
- Star Patent Agency in China (2013-2016), China IPR Newspaper
- Top 10 Chinese Patent Firm (2014), www.mysipo.com
18th Floor Tower B Grand Place
No 5 Huizhong Road
Qinghong Xu, Partner
Hong Kong, New York, Osaka, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Xi’an
Register for more free content
- Read more IAM blogs and articles
- Receive the editor's weekly review by email