CCPIT Patent & Trademark Law Office is the oldest and one of the largest full-service IP law firms in China. Our firm has 294 patent and trademark attorneys, among whom 87 are qualified as attorneys at law. We provide consultation, prosecution, mediation, administrative enforcement and litigation services relating to patents, trademarks, copyright, domain names, trade secrets, trade dress, unfair competition and other IP-related matters. Headquartered in Beijing, we have branch offices in New York, Tokyo, Munich, Madrid, Hong Kong, Guangzhou and Shanghai.
Our mission is to render tailored services to clients with high quality, efficiency and reliability, in a cost-effective manner. We strive continually to improve the reliability and flexibility of our portfolio management system and the effectiveness of our quality-control mechanisms. We appoint teams of professionals with complementary expertise and organise brainstorming discussions when necessary. Our professionals are encouraged to be both proactive and creative, providing commentary and guidance and creating value-added solutions for our clients.
Our clients represent every sector of industry and commerce, from start-ups to multinational giants. Through decades of practice, we have successfully obtained hundreds of thousands of patents and trademark registrations and enforced thousands of patents and trademarks for our clients. With extensive legal and technological expertise, we are in a position to satisfy the demands of our clients in all aspects of IP protection.
Our professionals are required to undertake continuous professional training and education to keep pace with rapidly changing laws and technologies. We organise in-house academic and experience-sharing activities on a regular basis. We send our professionals to attend training programmes or pursue further education in law. Some of our attorneys are active speakers and participants at IP-related conferences and seminars.
Our history goes back to January 1957, when a trademark agency was established within the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade – a non-governmental trade promotion organisation – to represent foreign companies before Chinese authorities. The agency was the sole trademark agency in China until the mid-1980s. A patent agency was organised by CCPIT in the early 1980s, when China began to establish its patent system. The patent agency was authorised as the first Chinese IP law firm to have cross-border representation. In 1993 the two agencies merged to form the CCPIT Patent & Trademark Law Office.
Our reputation for professionalism is widely recognised among peer professionals and clients, both domestically and internationally. Since 1999, we have been ranked among the top Chinese IP law firms in the annual surveys conducted by Managing Intellectual Property and have been nominated time and again as a leading Chinese IP firm by publications such as Asia Law & Practice, Asia Legal Business, IAM and Chambers & Partners.
- Integrity: We follow internationally recognised ethical rules and take social responsibility as legal professionals.
- Diligence: We render tailored services to clients with high quality, efficiency and reliability, in a cost-effective manner.
- Teamwork: We integrate the expertise of attorneys from different disciplines and incorporate the experience of senior professionals with the vitality of junior professionals.
- Proactivity: We actively provide comments and guidelines in light of local law and practice to clients.
- Solutions-oriented: We provide practical solutions to clients in response to their demands.
Patent services include:
- pre-filing consultation;
- patent prosecution and re-examination;
- patent administrative litigation;
- patent search and analysis;
- patent invalidation;
- patent infringement search and analysis;
- administrative and judicial enforcement;
- patent licensing and technology transfer;
- annuities payment; and
- patent and non-patent document search and surveillance.
Trademark services include:
- trademark registration consultation;
- trademark application and review;
- trademark administrative litigation;
- disputes concerning trademark registration and use;
- trademark opposition and invalidation;
- trademark licensing, transfer and contract drafting;
- trademark renewal;
- due diligence investigation;
- trademark search and surveillance; and
- administrative and judicial enforcement.
Other services include:
- copyright and computer software registration;
- domain name registration and dispute resolution;
- registration of integrated circuit layout design;
- recordation of intellectual property with Customs;
- consultation and litigation on trade secrets and unfair competition; and
- IP financing and transaction.
10th Floor Ocean Plaza
158 Fuxingmennei Street
Hao Ma, President
Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Madrid, Munich, New York, Shanghai, Tokyo
Recommended individuals at this firm
Register for more free content
- Read more IAM blogs and articles
- Receive the editor's weekly review by email