Awapatent is a leading IP consultancy firm with a presence in both Europe and Asia. We strive to be the champion in intellectual property for every client.
Awapatent’s 165 patent attorneys, attorneys at law and IP experts possess extensive skills in issues relating to patents, design protection, trademark protection, marketing law, disputes, contracts and risk analyses.
Our clients are intensely innovative businesses and our global client base includes the companies behind many of the world’s most valuable brands and patent portfolios, together with leading partner agencies in complementary markets.
We are committed to our clients and our longest-lasting client relationships date back to the 19th century. Such longevity is down to our ability to tailor our services to a client’s shifting needs – we can implement a particular strategy, but we would rather take the lead on a business’s IP needs because that is when our partnerships are at their most productive. The firm has more than 3,000 clients in 70 countries across the globe.
Awapatent was founded in 1897 and today has 300 employees at 16 offices in Sweden, Denmark, Germany and China. In 2016 we reported net sales of €65.7 million.
Our IP expertise supports the companies of today in building the prosperity of tomorrow. Clients need a creative and flexible IP partner to flourish in a changing world. We help clients to get the most out of their ideas by creating new long-term business opportunities.
We are our clients’ IP champion and we fight on their behalf. We are their best partner, but also their toughest opponent. We are devoted and never stop finding surprising new ways to make clients more successful.
Awapatent shall become the leading IP firm by combining IP law with business knowledge.
- Telecommunications – clients include several of the world’s Ivy League telecommunications corporations, both technology developers and network equipment and consumer product manufacturers.
- Nanotechnology – from drug delivery systems to new materials and components for electronics, physics and chemistry, our specialists can handle the challenges of patenting in this growing field.
- Life sciences – our life sciences and chemistry specialists assist an array of companies, ranging from pharmaceutical corporations with sales in 100 countries to research companies seeking venture capital.
- Cleantech – we are proud to support many clients which are developing technologies that will keep our planet healthy for generations to come, from power generation to fuels and energy-efficient lighting.
- Consumer brands – we advise the owners of a number of the world’s 500 most valuable consumer brands in industries such as fashion, household appliances, consumer electronics, pharmaceuticals and food.
Awards and rankings
Over the years our work has been continuously honoured with different national and international rankings:
- Inga-Lill Andersson, Peter Kenamets, Urban Lind, Magnus Hallin, Peter Indahl, Sidsel Hauge, Kim Garsdal Nielsen and Ai-Leen Lim (AWA Asia) were nominated as IP Stars 2017 by Managing Intellectual Property magazine.
- Julia Mannesson, Niklas Mattsson, Peter Kenamets, Urban Lind, Inga-Lill Andersson, Mikael Henriksson, Sören Giver, Eva Carlsson, Peter Indahl and Sidsel Hauge, IP attorneys in Sweden and Denmark, were recommended in the IAM Patent 1000 2016. Awapatent was also:
- highly recommended in the field of prosecution in Sweden and Denmark;
- recommended in the field of transactions in Sweden; and
- ranked in the field of litigation in Sweden.
- In Expert Guides 2015 four Awapatent patent attorneys were listed in the “Patent practitioners” category: Sören Giver, Peter Kenamets and Urban Lind (Sweden) and Peter Indahl (Denmark).
- In the 2015 edition of the Legal 500 Europe, Middle East & Africa, Awapatent was recommended in the practice area Sweden – Intellectual Property and Media. Two of Awapatent’s lawyers – Martin Tranälv and Peter Kenamets – were also recommended in the same practice area.
Malmo 200 71
Magnus Hallin, Chief executive officer
Beijing, Borås, Copenhagen, Gothenburg, Helsingborg, Hong Kong, Horsens, Jönköping, Linköping, Lund, Malmö, Munich, Östersund, Stockholm, Uppsala, Växjö
Sample client list
- ABB Group
- Axis Communications
- Bang & Olufsen ICEPower
- Skanska Sverige
Recommended individuals at this firm
Register for more free content
- Read more IAM blogs and articles
- Receive the editor's weekly review by email