In an ever-changing world, someone has to see the possibilities. The Fenix Legal KB team consists of a unique combination of patent and trademark attorneys, patent engineers, lawyers, business consultants and branding experts, providing clients with business-focused IP rights management.
We handle cases in many languages, including Swedish, English, Russian, French, German, Finnish, Danish and Norwegian.
Fenix Legal offers assistance in the filing and prosecution of European, Swedish and Patent Cooperation Treaty patents, together with patent litigation and validation of European patents in Sweden. Once your invention is protected by a patent, we will take care of the payment of annuities.
The patentable technology that we handle for clients worldwide covers the following areas:
- separation technology;
- digital systems and IT solutions;
- building and construction;
- medical equipment;
- biochemical and biotech;
- pharmaceuticals/health and wellness;
- industrial tools;
- telecoms; and
- aerospace technology.
At Fenix Legal, business intelligence means more than just keeping an eye on what is going on. It means knowing your IP assets and how strong or weak they are, conducting annual IP due diligence and watching your IP rights and those of others in order to avoid conflicts and be better prepared for the future. It means, in other words, business-focused IP rights management for the boardroom.
Our European design attorneys assist in the prosecution of Community design applications, national design applications, renewals and assignments, as well as pre-searching and watching.
We are registered European trademark and design representatives before the EU Intellectual Property Office. Our services include:
- protection strategies, including M2/EUTM Link, classification consultation and relations between trademarks and domain names and design protection;
- pre-filing searches;
- filing and prosecution of national, international and EU applications;
- renewals and assignments;
- watching services;
- provisional refusals (M2);
- oppositions worldwide, with special experience of EU trademark oppositions;
- customs watching; and
- corporate image manuals.
Trade names and company law
We have extensive experience of the establishment of new companies and can provide all necessary searches, documentation (eg, company law agreements, partnership agreements, articles of association, employment contracts, transfer of shares and related family law contracts) and contacts with the local authorities, making the registration process as smooth and quick as possible.
Our services include:
- protection strategies and creation of domain names;
- registration of domain names in all top-level domains;
- renewals and assignments of domain names;
- privacy law;
- copyright on the Internet; and
- domain name disputes, in court or via alternative dispute resolution, such as before the World Intellectual Property Organisation, the Alternative Dispute Resolution Forum and the Czech Arbitration Court.
We assist in the valuation of literary and artistic works, certified depositions of works, formation of agreements and dispute resolution in case of copyright infringement.
Fenix Legal is well prepared to defend and enforce your rights at all levels of the judicial system, in Sweden and the European Union. We also have internationally trained and well-experienced mediators and arbitrators.
Commercial law and market communication
We conduct legal market investigations, evaluate contracts and assist in any disputes arising from your actions or those of your competitors on the market. Fenix Legal has extensive experience of national and international contracts and clauses, such as coexistence agreements, licence agreements, business contracts, settlement agreements, cooperation agreements, franchising agreements, joint venture agreements, production and distribution agreements and non-disclosure agreements.
Awards and rankings
- Ranked as one of the leading firms in Sweden in the Managing Intellectual Property IP Survey.
- Named the Most Outstanding International Patent Law Firm by the Acquisition International 2017 Excellence Awards.
- Named IP Law Firm of the Year (Sweden) at the 2017 Corporate INTL Global Awards.
- Ranked as one of the Top 25 in Intellectual Property 2017 by the TMT Magazine.
- Named Best International Patent Law Firm – Europe and Best Trademark and Design Attorney – Europe 2017 by Acquisition International Magazine.
Stureplan 4C 4 tr
Maria Zamkova, Chief executive officer
Recommended individuals at this firm
Register for more free content
- Read more IAM blogs and articles
- Receive the editor's weekly review by email