Gorodissky & Partners (Ukraine) is a leading Ukrainian IP law firm. For more than 15 years, under the direction of Nina Moshynska, the firm has provided reliable support to both national and international clients.
Gorodissky & Partners has been consistently ranked as one of the best firms in Ukraine in the field of IP rights protection and defence in annual international surveys conducted by Managing Intellectual Property. According to the WTR 1000, it is among the leading Ukrainian firms providing trademark protection services.
Gorodissky & Partners has consistently received recognition from the Ukrainian Patent Office for its significant contribution to the development of Ukraine’s IP protection framework.
Gorodissky & Partners has an experienced team of professionals – including 10 patent/trademark attorneys and 11 lawyers – who provide complex professional services in the field of IP protection.
The firm’s patent/trademark attorneys and lawyers are members of the Ukrainian Patent Attorney Association, the Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property, the International Trademark Association, the Licensing Executives Society International, the AEA International Lawyers Network and MARQUES.
The company’s main practice areas are patenting of inventions, utility models, computer programs and industrial designs; trademark registration and development; technology transfer; licensing; pre-trial and judicial disputes; due diligence and evaluation of IP portfolios; and actions against unfair competition, among others.
- Drafting and filing of applications for inventions and utility models according to national patent legislation and regulations.
- Drafting and filing of international applications according to the Patent Cooperation Treaty regulations.
- Providing professional support throughout the application process in Ukraine and abroad.
- Conducting novelty and non-infringement searches in Ukraine and abroad.
Trademark and industrial design department:
- Drafting and filing of applications for trademarks and industrial designs in Ukraine.
- Drafting and filing international trademark applications according to the Madrid Agreement and Madrid Protocol, as well as international applications for industrial designs according to The Hague Agreement Concerning the International Deposit of Industrial Designs.
- Drafting and filing of trademark and industrial design applications abroad.
- Conducting searches for registered and filed trademark and industrial design applications in Ukrainian databases.
- Conducting searches for registered and filed trademark and industrial design applications in foreign patent offices.
- Maintaining all kinds of industrial property rights (eg, patents, utility models, industrial designs and trademarks).
- Assisting with all recordal procedures, such as assignments, changes of owner details, recordals of mergers and acquisitions.
- Drafting and registration of IP assignments.
- Obtaining titles of protection for patents, utility models, industrial designs and trademarks.
- Ordering and forwarding of letters patents, trademark certificate duplicates and extracts from state registers.
- Providing legal advice on IP portfolio management strategies to owners of patents, copyright, trademarks and other types of intellectual property.
- Representing clients’ interests in prejudicial settlement of disputes, before courts and other competent authorities.
- Representing clients’ interests in unfair competition cases.
- Providing legal support throughout all corporate or commercial transactions relating to IP rights.
- Assisting clients in the fight against unlawful use of domain names and the illegal use of intellectual property on the Internet.
- Translating application materials for inventions in all technical fields from foreign languages into Russian and Ukrainian, as well as all major European languages.
- Translating scientific and technical documents, legal and reference materials, contracts and agreements relating to intellectual property.
Advanced partnerships with foreign law firms, significant experience and modern means of communication allow Gorodissky & Partners to handle all national and international IP matters.
25 V Chornovola Street
Nina Moshynska, Managing partner, Ukraine
Recommended individuals at this firm
Other recommended individuals at this firm
Register for more free content
- Read more IAM blogs and articles
- Receive the editor's weekly review by email